#21 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

You don't ever want to go backwards with web browsers. Not sure you actually can, but if you could it wouldn't make any sense. You'd be losing whatever functionality the latest version has and would only make your compatibility issues worse, not better.

Actually, it is commonly necessary, or at least more productive, to revert to previous versions until all applications and add-ons are on the same page. There's a reason that there are sites all over the net providing backdated versions. Type "revert to version" into your search engine and see for yourself how many thousands of instances you are able to find.

I haven't had any issues recently, nor do I use photobucket or a mac, but in the last year I can think of at least 4 times where I've needed to revert to previous versions of Flash, Chrome, FF, and Skype. To tell people they should never do it is simply false. Sometimes doing so is the only option that works.

#22 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Skip, couldn't you give a friend or family member (not using MAC) your username and password to your Photobucket account, let them access and pull your images, then send them to you for storage on your machine?

Not sure what everyone else does, but I keep all of my Photobucket images on my own desktop or burn to disc, basically because I don't trust photo-hosting sites (especially the free versions).

#23 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Not sure what everyone else does, but I keep all of my Photobucket images on my own desktop or burn to disc, basically because I don't trust photo-hosting sites (especially the free versions).

Agreed... I keep all my photos backed up on an external hard drive and in the cloud (Carbonite), as well hosting some of them on Fotki or Facebook.

#24 chepp

chepp

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Full Name:Charley Hepperle

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Here's another alternative that I use successfully on an old iMac (Motorola chip -- can't upgrade):
TenFourFox browser http://www.floodgap....are/tenfourfox/ Best of all, it's free!

#25 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Fotki test. I have problems with this one, too. Can't figure out how to post Fotki images here. I can upload, but can't paste into a post. This will probably just show as a link.

[photo id=rqrkbtfstgtrbkgxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

[photo id=rqrkbdqrgqrswsrxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

Actually, these aren't even links. They come from the "share" option and I have no idea what to do with them. The Fotki tutorials won't open for me.

Edited by sjordan2, 20 November 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#26 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,881 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Do you ever get the feeling that the internet gods just don't like you?

:lol:

#27 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,811 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Fotki test. I have problems with this one, too. Can't figure out how to post Fotki images here. I can upload, but can't paste into a post. This will probably just show as a link.

[photo id=rqrkbtfstgtrbkgxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

[photo id=rqrkbdqrgqrswsrxwwbgtwdbtwwdd type=vi style=1 align=no link=photo]

Actually, these aren't even links. They come from the "share" option and I have no idea what to do with them. The Fotki tutorials won't open for me.

Click on 'share' above the photo and select the first link, the one under 'Image URL for use on other sites'. Select that link (Copy to Clipboard' w/ mouse).

The links look something like this: http://images15.fotk...45/66amt-vi.jpg

Then select the image icon here and paste in the link..that's it.

Posted Image

Edited by Rob Hall, 20 November 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#28 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Iam having problems with photobucket too since the update

#29 shucky

shucky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeLuco

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm having no issues with PB. I hated the new version, switched back to "classic" works fine using latest version of Chrome.

#30 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

Do you ever get the feeling that the internet gods just don't like you?

:lol:/>

They're the least of the gods that don't like me. They're just a side-effect of thunderous, mighty forces that are working their will on me. There be dragons abroad. Venture forth at your peril.

Edited by sjordan2, 20 November 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#31 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Skip, the link posted in post #12 to oddapps has the download files of old Firefoxes hosted on their site and doesn't rely on Mozilla at all. You can download and install whatever version worked best for you and then just be sure to turn off automatic updates so it won't revert to the newest edition the next time an update is relased. One of my most used programs is a screen capture utility called Hypersnap DX, version 4 is the best because after 4 the free demo versions expire and place watermarks on the image rendering it useless. Through oldapps I can download the old version that works even though the developer doesn't offer it anymore.

Edited by Fat Brian, 20 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#32 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

How do u switch back to the old style Shucky

#33 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

I tried the new version for a couple of days, didn't see much advantage as I don't need the new features it has, so I switched back to the old version. I use Firefox, but when that gets cranky on a web site, I use Chrome on it.

-MJS

#34 philo426

philo426

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

I tried the new version but it was buggy and non-functional so I switched back to the older version which worked much better.

#35 AZ Boy

AZ Boy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

I had the PB iPad app, and for awhile it worked fine. For the last 3-4 months though, I would try to access my photos, and it (the app) would just sit there and spin it's wheels. Nothing. I decided to remove the app and reinstall it, but when I did that it wouldn't recognize my login info. After repeated tries with their tech support, I received nothing but generic replies which didn't address my issue, so I've just given up on the app altogether. I still have it on my PC desktop which seems to be fine, but I spend way more time on my iPad. Oh well.

#36 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I just received the following from PB support. I can't get to it immediately, but I'll try these.

Billy (Photobucket Customer Support Home)
Nov 20 04:06 pm (MST)
There is a simple way, but you have to be able to access the site from your computer in order to do so...
Apple has stopped supporting Macs on OS 10.4 and older, and we've noticed that older versions of Safari have issues rendering Photobucket. I went on a little hunt and found this article, and a special updated version of Firefox that's specific to your machine. With this version of Firefox you should be able to have full access to the internet, including access to Photobucket again.
http://www.floodgap....are/tenfourfox/
http://lowendmac.com...nd-powerpc.html
Give those a shot and let me know how it goes,

EDIT: alas, these solutions are for older Macs than mine, G3 to G5, and won't work with my OS X Intel core duo 10.4. And the sites warn about screwing things up.

Edited by sjordan2, 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#37 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I don't experience any technical problems on this site or with PhotoBucket.
The PhotoBucket updates work fine with either my IE or on Mozilla.
Many thousand pics in PhotoBucket on a Free account and it works quick and smooth as glass.

#38 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I don't experience any technical problems on this site or with PhotoBucket.
The PhotoBucket updates work fine with either my IE or on Mozilla.
Many thousand pics in PhotoBucket on a Free account and it works quick and smooth as glass.

Good for you. That has nothing to do with the problems on my old IMac that I've documented in detail, so I don't understand your point in relation to the questions raised in this thread.

Edited by sjordan2, 21 November 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#39 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,881 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Skip, you need to ask Santa for a new Mac for Christmas.

#40 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Skip, you need to ask Santa for a new Mac for Christmas.

These days, I'll be happy to get a Big Mac.