#1 bogger44

bogger44

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Kielbasa

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi all, the name's Tony, and just wanted to post up a quick introduction. Some of you will probably know me from SAE and ORM. I've been looking around here for a little while, and finally decided to join. I'm really impressed with all of the talented and knowledgeable folks here. I'm just your average builder, doing the best I can. Like many of you, I started building as a kid, and still do after all these years (though I did get out of the hobby during most of my 20's). Musclecars are my main focus, but also like building 4x4's, quartermilers, street rods/machines, and the occasional warbird. I'm currently working on a AMT '66 Ford Fairlane 427, turning it into a reasonably accurate vintage SS/B drag car. Pics will be coming when she's finished, as well as some photos of several of my past builds for you guys to laugh at! LOL

#2 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Welcome, former SAE guy here too. So whats that car in your avatar all about? (Big pony car fan here)

#3 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Welcome aboard, Tony! Glad to have you.

#4 bogger44

bogger44

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. Craig, that Mustang is the one and only Tasca Super Boss built by Bob Tasca. He stuffed it with a all-aluminum Can-Am 494. From what I've read, it ran 11's in the quarter on street tires and mufflers intact. :o Someday down the line I'd love to take a stab at building it in styrene. I'm a big pony car fan as well. Being partial to Fords, Mustangs are my favorite though.

#5 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Tony!

Glad to see you here!

We recruited Tony to ORM after seeing his super-nice Scout build on the SA forum a few years ago...don't let him kid ya, he builds some great stuff (although not enough 4x4s ;) LOL)

#6 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Welcome indeed sir. You'll find it hospitable and the dearth of knowledge in these here parts is downright scary.

Hope to see a few builds soon.

I know i won't laugh. Look at some of mine for a real hoot.

Bob

#7 bogger44

bogger44

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks again guys for the welcome. I'll get a couple builds posted today. You're right Jeff, I am long overdue for another 4x4 project....I've almost forgotten what a transfer case is! :lol:

#8 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,730 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

Tony, glad to see you over here. l have been here for a while. l don't go over to scale auto form much anymore....looking forward to more of your work...cs

#9 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Welcome, Tony. I never go to SA because there's nothing there. THIS is the place to be.