Tall sleeper for Italeri Freightliner FLC?

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Is there a tall sleeper (about 1 foot taller than the cab) for the FLC kit out there? The kit sleeper is even with the cab and the truck I'm looking to duplicate has a taller sleeper. Ultimately I may just extend the kit sleeper, but wanted to look into my options.

I finally got this kit so I can do the Pork Chop Express from Big Trouble in Little China. This link shows the sleeper needed.

http://www.imcdb.org...er-FLC-120.html

#2 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well, the Italeri kit is the place to start! Italeri used to have a kit of the FLC with a sleeper cab that was about that height but wasn't quite squared off as the movie truck's. Apart from that maybe a modified sleeper cab from the Italeri American Superliner might do the job, but you will need to square off the roof front and remove the front glass.

#3 scale trucker

scale trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Full Name:gordon berry

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

aaron thAT LOOKS LIKE A OLD DOUBLE EAGLE 70" BUNK

#4 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

All standard non-aero Italeri sleepers are interchangeable, the openings are molded the same so they can change them around for different issues. Older versions of the FLC have a longer sleeper but no Italeri sleeper has a top like that. Your best bet is to get a loose sleeper off ebay and lengthen it and then raise the top and make the roof from scratch. Here is a loose sleeper I got a while back, I believe it came with both the FLC and Western Star at one time or another.

Posted Image

#5 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I planned on doing it myself, but thought maybe there was something out there in resin. The Ford LTL has the exact same sleeper, and I won't be building that with a sleeper so I can pillage bits if I need a donor.

Gordon knowing the name of that style sleeper will help me find better photos.

Thanks for the help

Edited by Aaronw, 26 November 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#6 mercer01

mercer01

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Full Name:David

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

That is a frieghtliner bunk. I don't know how tall they were but they were 60' wide. I don't know how long they were
produced but i drove one for a while and I believe it was an 86. Hope this helps.

#7 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah Aaron, there should not be any different than this one on the "Yellow Bird" from the tv movie "Christmas comes to Willow Creek".

IMCDb.org: Freightliner FLC 120 in "Christmas Comes to Willow Creek, 1987"