Do you think this would sell well in resin?

• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#41 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Ellifritt

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hey Tom, are you still considering making this cab?

Yes, but I've got quite a backlog. Right now I'm working on a 1974 Econoline. I think a 1/25 scale model is needed, and It would go well with the Moebius Ford pickup. I have the cab for the W all drawn up, I just have to make it. Maybe I should team up with Ben Wicker(?)

#42 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yes, but I've got quite a backlog. Right now I'm working on a 1974 Econoline. I think a 1/25 scale model is needed, and It would go well with the Moebius Ford pickup. I have the cab for the W all drawn up, I just have to make it. Maybe I should team up with Ben Wicker(?)

LOL, team up with me and it will never get finished!!! LOL That Econoline would be fantastic to have as well!!!!!!!!!!

#43 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

I think it would sell well, look at how AMT is doing, they're putting out almost all the models they used to have now. Just make it so it fits an AMT frame please! Trans-kit bult models get pretty darn expensive when based on the other manufacturers's truck kits. By the way, is the later cab really different from the older one except for the front grill? If not, could the cab be made so we can use either one? I'd go for the later version myself.

#44 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

I think it would sell well, look at how AMT is doing, they're putting out almost all the models they used to have now. Just make it so it fits an AMT frame please! Trans-kit bult models get pretty darn expensive when based on the other manufacturers's truck kits. By the way, is the later cab really different from the older one except for the front grill? If not, could the cab be made so we can use either one? I'd go for the later version myself.

Ben has the later one covered. Since i crawled around in a junkyard, measuring and taking pictures of my older version to create the CAD drawing, I feel obliged to use my own material.

It is going to be 1/25, with an AMT donor in mind. I'm sure Ben's version will be much more popular, but it will still be neat to have the older version available.

#45 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

That's nice to hear that both of you are doing one.

#46 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Ben has the later one covered. Since i crawled around in a junkyard, measuring and taking pictures of my older version to create the CAD drawing, I feel obliged to use my own material.

It is going to be 1/25, with an AMT donor in mind. I'm sure Ben's version will be much more popular, but it will still be neat to have the older version available.

Tom, you're the one who created that '73 Chevelle, right? If you're making this Ford, this truck should be excellent!!! One to watch!

Edited by BigBad, 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#47 jacobus

jacobus

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Full Name:jacobus a vd kemp

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

i think for sure , yes its sel

i lot of guys whil have a model that is not for sale in the boxes like amt , revell and italeri etc

if you see what aitm and p&p sel and others than its yes

now i am waiting for kfs for the rerun of the international 9670 in september and already sold out

i have one reservation fot it

but before the start makin them its already sold out

so the market for this kind of resin is doing good

so if you make the ford yes i wil have one ore two , thats great work from the masters 

have already make a ford and that came from auskid , have the dodge ls 1000 from aitm and that kind of trucks is for the modelbuilders a must have to

make him part of the collection

one for me on my whislist is a gmc crackerbox , i dont know why but i love the old coe,s

jacobus

#48 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm thinking I'm going to have to track down some Chevrolet Titan/90 or GMC Astro/95 kits for donors for all of these COEs that are coming out.  The Dodge L1000, Marmon COE, Mack F-Series, & Brockway 457 from AITM; and these 2 Ford W-Series.  I'd really like to see a decent Crackerbox & Ford H-Series as well.

Edited by Jim B, 04 August 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#49 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

A GMC Crackerbox, man!!!! That would be so cool! But a nice Ford W will do extremely fine!

#50 scummy

scummy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Harmer

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

Those are wind deflectors on the corner. They helped prevent mud/snow/splash debris up on the wide windows and were supposed to keep the wind from buffetting the mirrors. The Ford COE's weren't the most aerodynamic.. :rolleyes: In the 70's, the corner deflectors were very common on Canadian COE's of all makes.

Tim

Well , theres something i've learnt today .

#51 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm thinking I'm going to have to track down some Chevrolet Titan/90 or GMC Astro/95 kits for donors for all of these COEs that are coming out.  The Dodge L1000, Marmon COE, Mack F-Series, & Brockway 457 from AITM; and these 2 Ford W-Series.  I'd really like to see a decent Crackerbox & Ford H-Series as well.

A GMC Crackerbox, man!!!! That would be so cool! But a nice Ford W will do extremely fine!

Actually in the same junkyard with the W series, there was a Crackerbox. I measured it up, too, and have Cad drawings of it. External anyway, I couldn't get inside. I hope to do it someday, too. I noticed on a resin Crackerbox I saw the windshield was flat. On the truck I measured, the two windshield sections were slightly canted toward the front in the center. 

#52 k100

k100

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Yoder

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Put me down for one of each. I really like the cab over's no matter what make it is.