#1 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Has there been an y new photos? Relaease dates hinted at?

#2 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,988 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Still a tentative release date of June '13: http://www3.towerhob...?&I=LXCWFF&P=SM

#3 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

No test shot pictures?

#4 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

What do you need test shot pictures for...take a '57 BelAir or 150/Black Widow kit.  Now imagine the top missing.  Voila!  :D

It's not like it's some all new tooling, just a new body insert, convertible boot and soft top for their existing BelAir kit.

#5 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

different engine as well.

the BW had a fuelie. this is the bat wing dual quad set up

#6 2002p51

2002p51

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Full Name:Drew

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

different engine as well.

the BW had a fuelie. this is the bat wing dual quad set up

Could be the F.I. engine. It was an option in all models for '57. All engines were available in all models, I've even seen a Bel Air convertible with the 235 six in it! :D

That was a strange car in other ways too; six cylinder, three on the tree, radio delete, and clock delete. Basically a stripped, no options, top of the line car. Very odd.

#7 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

Cool i can make my Eddie and the Cruisers blue conv.

#8 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

i know the fuelie was available. the kit however is said to supposed to be the dual quad.

#9 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

All that would really need to be tooled up is the manifold, carbs, and the batwing filter housing, as well as a set of correct exhaust manifolds. Everything else on the engine would be the same. Even then, they could leave the feulie parts in it for an option. Or even better, put the Black Widow racing parts in it. Nascar did have a convertible class back then, so it wouldn't be incorrect.

#10 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Could be the F.I. engine. It was an option in all models for '57. All engines were available in all models, I've even seen a Bel Air convertible with the 235 six in it! :D

That was a strange car in other ways too; six cylinder, three on the tree, radio delete, and clock delete. Basically a stripped, no options, top of the line car. Very odd.

Do you remember the color, Drew? I might have to build that just for the weird factor.

Charlie Larkin

#11 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Interior should be diffrent as well, it will need doglegs in the rear for the top. Besides, what's wrong with wanting to see test shots?

#12 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Interior should be diffrent as well, it will need doglegs in the rear for the top. Besides, what's wrong with wanting to see test shots?

Well nothing I suppose...

First of all, I was just giving Mark a hard time, he's a friend from back when we had a chat room around here.

But beyond that Revell has never shown test shot/tooling mock-ups of kits with minor changes.  There weren't test shots of the Nova SS and COPO Nova from the original Yenko kit.  Of the 150/BW from the BelAir kit.  I can't remember seeing mock-ups of the Yenko, B-M, SS Convertible '69 Camaros from the 90's kit, and therefore I doubt we'll see one of the ZL-1 variation.  If the '57 Convertible isn't out before the Late Fall-Winter new/reissue announcements, we might see the box-art model on display.

Then again, you never know.  I don't remember Revell ever showing off these parts layout/tooling test shots "in the gray" build-ups prior the last few years either.

#13 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

You got some good points there James. Still, I'd like to see test shots whether it's a new or modified tooling.

#14 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yeah. I'm just anxious to get one in my grubby mits. I'm hoping it comes with a continental kit as well

#15 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

So does this mean no further reissues of a Revell '57 2 door post? :wacko: Or will they conjure up a new mold for the convertible body? :huh:

#16 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,988 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Or will they conjure up a new mold for the convertible body? :huh:

Yes. The '57 Chevy Sedan body tooling is not going to be irreversibly modified to release a convertible.

As James said, I suspect when the Fall 2013 releases are announced in May 2013, we will see pics of the '57 'vert box art, or maybe a bit sooner via Revell's facebook page.

#17 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,007 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

A convertible! Yay!

Wake me up when they finally use this tooling to kit a decent '57 Nomad. I'm going back to sleep now...

#18 2002p51

2002p51

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Full Name:Drew

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Do you remember the color, Drew? I might have to build that just for the weird factor.

Charlie Larkin

No, Charlie, I don't, sorry.

So does this mean no further reissues of a Revell '57 2 door post? :wacko: Or will they conjure up a new mold for the convertible body? :huh:

A convertible would require an entire new body. The sedans had a different belt line and windshield height and more rear seat leg room than hardtops and convertibles.

#19 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

It will be a dual-quad with the batwing air cleaner.  One of the options from a previous kit could always be a possibility.   Convertibles had a totally different upholstery pattern than the 150 and 2-door BA (which both had unique upholstery patterns of their own, and they nailed both)  they've done before, in addition to needing the doglegs for the top mechanism.  Since they've gotten most everything spot-on with the 150 and 2-door post BA I'm going to trust that they get this one right, too.  If I get any inside information specific to this kit, I'll pass it along, but I'm not expecting it until the summer anyway.

#20 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

No, Charlie, I don't, sorry.

No biggie, I'll just pick a color I like and use that. For some reason, a weird setup like that says "Surf Green" to me.

Charlie Larkin