Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fixes needed for the AMT 69 Chevelle 396

I recently got this kit off of eBay and i have purchased the Modelhaus 68 conversion. Abrief look at what is in the kit has me cratching my head..... No brake booster/master cylinder?

What else is missing or needs correcting?

Thanks for any help.

Joe.

Edited by jaydar

This kit started as the 68 Chevelle annual and was converted to a 69 in late 68. It lacks the underhood details because it never had them! Thats the way it was in 68, wire axle through the engine block and all. If you want to improve on that a better (read newer tooled) chassis can be substuted, most use the parts from an AMT 69 Olds 442 kit. When converting back to a 68 don't forget to add the vent wing windows and remove the lower body side moldings. Welcome to kit bashing.

I have the Modelhaus conversion kit. It comes with the proper rear bumper and front grille and dash, and front and rear seats. I just had to fill in the area above the 68's tailight area, as the 69's tailights are much taller and larger. Their 68 442 conversion kit also comes with the proper 68 bumpers, grille and hood. All in all, they are BOTH excellent and very affordable conversion kits!

I have ordered the 69 442. Other than the chassis, what other parts do i use from the 442?

joe.

Basicly the chassis, suspension, firewall and underhood goodies. Just use a Chevy engine (the Olds trans may be better) and make sure the battery is on the correct side. The radiator and core support may need some alterations but should be much better than the Chevelle kit parts too. A little trimming around the edges and it all should all fit just fine.

I have the Modelhaus conversion kit. It comes with the proper rear bumper and front grille and dash, and front and rear seats. I just had to fill in the area above the 68's tailight area, as the 69's tailights are much taller and larger. Their 68 442 conversion kit also comes with the proper 68 bumpers, grille and hood. All in all, they are BOTH excellent and very affordable conversion kits!

Thanks, i was wondering about the tail light area. The 68 conversion includes only the front and rear bumpers grill, dash and tail light lens.

joe.

Basicly the chassis, suspension, firewall and underhood goodies. Just use a Chevy engine (the Olds trans may be better) and make sure the battery is on the correct side. The radiator and core support may need some alterations but should be much better than the Chevelle kit parts too. A little trimming around the edges and it all should all fit just fine.

Thanks Craig.

Joe.