Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Buzz: New Pocher Kits

sjordan2

If it is not a generic icon, my guess is a Ferrari California or 599 GTO.

joe.

Go back and look at the previous post. ^_^

In other info, a European Pocher specialty site says: "I have received the following information from the Lemke company (old and new POCHER importer for Germany): The POCHER restart is done with a single all-new model in 1/8. More will follow. What kind of car that will be, the public learns only at the Toy Fair. A remake of the old POCHER models will not be, because the moulds are not to use anymore. So the traditional POCHER Classic models are well and truly history ..."

So the Classic Pochers will not be reissued and will still fetch big bucks.

The other upcoming kits, supposedly, will include various versions of the Porsche 993. One site says this is a prototype:

Picture13_zps027a83bc.png

Edited by sjordan2

Looks like we're about there. (I'm getting these shots from a member at scalemotorcars.com, who's getting them from the distributor). The 1:1 below is a US version; the Pocher, judging by the lack of side marker and turn light color, etc., appears to be the European version.

p8_zpsfd4a9ea1.jpg

f50_zps4a6bdc1a.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

Meh. I understand that if the tooling already exists it only makes sense to use it for the first "reborn" Pocher kit, but the F50 has pretty limited appeal. I'm not sure how wise it is to use the existing tooling anyway given the overall lack of detail of the last Pocher releases. I'm less excited about this than I was a few days ago. It's almost like Pocher's being set up to fail... but I could be wrong.

Meh. I understand that if the tooling already exists it only makes sense to use it for the first "reborn" Pocher kit, but the F50 has pretty limited appeal. I'm not sure how wise it is to use the existing tooling anyway given the overall lack of detail of the last Pocher releases. I'm less excited about this than I was a few days ago. It's almost like Pocher's being set up to fail... but I could be wrong.

I tend to agree. But it may have more appeal to Pocher's European customers. We'll have to see if it's engineered better than the prior Ferrari and Porsche kits were reputed to be. A comparison of its fidelity to the 1:1 can be made here, when the kit is available...

http://ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-F50-103497

Edited by sjordan2

Well, at least some of you are happy about the subject! :D

Actually, while I have very little interest in any Ferrari kit, I do think it's pretty cool that they're bringing back the Pocher brand. I hope the quality and detail level of the upcoming kit is better than their previous Ferrari kits. And I hope this is only the first of many new kits from them. Heck, depending on the reviews of this one, I might just buy one anyway... just to show my support. B)

HOAX.

The images I posted from scalemotorcars.com have just been revealed as created by a member there, and appeared on other sites, with spurious attribution. I apologize, but I can't imagine anyone going to these lengths regarding a model car kit. Now, I'm guessing it's the Porsche 993.

egon.gif?dateline=1290468481

Hi guys, how did you like my little homemade reveling show Point.gif or 047.gif perhaps 123333.gif.As you I dont know anything about the new model, but I stick to my guess the F50.

We will know tomorrow.

Edited by sjordan2

I was just getting ready to post that up myself, Chuck. It's a pretty impressive model in the pics on the site... I'm guessing a four-figure price tag. Well done by Pocher, and hopefully they're back in the game for good!

Werd. B)

'f it's fo' figgaz, I may just hafta deal, long as it looks JUST LIKE THAT...