Since we are heading to the evening of January 1st, here's my progress with the MPC '86 Camino:
I scratchbuilt a throttle linkage. Carburetor is from parts box, and for the linkage I used sheet aluminium and some metal wire. Also started the bodywork, and holy cow there's a lot of it! There's flash everywhere. Once I got it cleaned up a bit, I decided to glue that Monte Carlo nose on. It didn't fit nicely either, see the last pic and there's the gap what needs to be filled. A lot of sanding still to do before first coat of primer or filler spray.
If you look at this picture closely, you can see that the Water Pump is floating. I must do something for it.