#221 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

As an LHS that carries this magazine, here it is March 3rd, and I still have not received the Decemeber issue (nor the one that just came out), not sure what is up with that.

Seems to be might slow shipping from Colorado to Maine where my PO Box is.

#222 Von Don Koolkat

Von Don Koolkat

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Don 'Koolkat' Graham

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

My mag ships in plastic sleeves, no reports of damage ever.

#223 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

we're into march and still talking about the december issue,yet the danica threads get shut down???????????

#224 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

The December Issue has been out for quite some time, If you haven't recived it yet you need to call somebody.

#225 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

My mag ships in plastic sleeves, no reports of damage ever.

How did you get GBP to do that?

#226 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

we're into march and still talking about the december issue,yet the danica threads get shut down???????????

If you do not want to read about the Dec, issue, do not click on the thread.

#227 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

If you do not want to read about the Dec, issue, do not click on the thread.

Thats so simple, do that very thing on some threads that are started.You know ,something like "its sunny here today",or "I stubbed my toe after I painted my hemi muffler,whos had that happen?".If you dont like the show change the channel

I clicked on to see why,and now to see reponses to why people will have 12 pages on a pointless thread.After all anyone that suscribes to the mag.knows whats in it and whether it was on time or what seems to be the normal late.Now maybe if guys posted pictures and articles of the issues for non suscribers that would be worth talking about.But that wont be allowed and I understand why.

i guess Im trying to figure out why what is  dribble to most is allowed to carry on but some valid conversations where people voice opions that some dont like get canned?Be it from what moderators deem inapropeate or if members whine about long enough it it gets locked.

#228 edward smith

edward smith

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Full Name:Edward

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

I had not checked my mailbox in about a week and a half and when I did, I had both the SA and Model Cars mag in there. I will tell you this much, the SA issue is a lot more interesting this month, lots of how-tos and Mr. Cruz has a really cool feature on painting that I really enjoyed. Don't worry Gregg, I also enjoyed the MCM also! :rolleyes:

#229 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thats so simple, do that very thing on some threads that are started.You know ,something like "its sunny here today",or "I stubbed my toe after I painted my hemi muffler,whos had that happen?".If you dont like the show change the channel

I clicked on to see why,and now to see reponses to why people will have 12 pages on a pointless thread.After all anyone that suscribes to the mag.knows whats in it and whether it was on time or what seems to be the normal late.Now maybe if guys posted pictures and articles of the issues for non suscribers that would be worth talking about.But that wont be allowed and I understand why.

i guess Im trying to figure out why what is  dribble to most is allowed to carry on but some valid conversations where people voice opions that some dont like get canned?Be it from what moderators deem inapropeate or if members whine about long enough it it gets locked.

Alot of it depends on the direction the thread is going.  If the mods think it's gonna erupt into a flame war, they will lock it.  Sorry about my sarcasm.  Sometimes early mornings are not good for me. :blink:

#230 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,000 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Sorry about my sarcasm.  Sometimes early mornings are not good for me. :blink:

Posted at 5:42 PM???  :wacko:

#231 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

jeez are you slow or something today harry?

>Posted at 5:42 PM???

for one thing, looks to me like it was posted at 15:42 which you might otherwise know of as 3:42 pm

second, i believe he may have been referring to a different post, posted earlier in the day, instead of the current post, which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

and don koolkat said it best: My mag ships in plastic sleeves, no reports of damage ever.

better take a break harry...talking to too many empty chairs.

#232 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

I've never actually had the priviledge of holding a single copy of this magazine. With the cross-border premium I guess our lhs and bookstores don't think it's worthwhile. Sure am enjoying the forum though. As for sa, my biggest disappointment was the sea change that occured about ten years ago, leaving the magazine basically an empty shell at first. I buy the odd one but more often find a quick scan at the magazine rack will suffice, especially this last year with so much repetition.  

mike

#233 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Complain all you want about the December Issue..

I just got the Jan Issue from my LHS..

Money well spent.. :D 

"O" Wait. it's March now?

Cant wait for the March issue..

Should be just around the corner.

The one after the other Corner.

Still, Money spent well.. :)

No Complaints.

#234 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I was refering to post 226, at 3 am, I had gotten up at 2 am to blow out my driveway before leaving for work.