#1 Sam I Am

Sam I Am

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Grabenhorst

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Out of the three 1/8 kits I now have, I figured I would start with the '85 Corvette since its the least valuable. That way it wont hurt as much when I screw up.  :D  So my questions are.....

Where do you get any aftermarket stuff for these, like spark plug wiring, battery cable, hoses, distributors  pe, wheels and tires, etc.

TIA,

Sam

#2 Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Meaders

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Sam; rbmotion.com is a good place for spark plugs, boots, AN fittings, etc..TRD inovations at Shapeway has a lot of great 1/8 scale motors and suspension parts. Teds modeling is another good source. Google stuff, you'll find it. 

#3 DavidChampagne

DavidChampagne

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Full Name:David Champagne

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

E-Bay Models and Kits Automotive "1/8"
You can find plenty of 1/8 parts and vendors

http://www.ebay.com/..._nkw=1 8&_frs=1

Try this link and just start scrolling..LOL

#4 Sam I Am

Sam I Am

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Started with Ebay, but all I find is stuff for the Big Deuce, A, and Pocher. Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8.  Thats why I thought I would ask here.

#5 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,368 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Started with Ebay, but all I find is stuff for the Big Deuce, A, and Pocher. Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8.  Thats why I thought I would ask here.

That's the problem... not much 1/8 aftermarket stuff out there except for Pocher. Most of us 1/8 builders just scratchbuild what we need.

#6 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,972 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Any wheels I find are the wrong offset to use on the '85 Corvette. Most venders that I find have a bunch of 1/16 stuff, but little in the way of 1/8.

Also consider the '85 Vette (and the 1/8 kit) are 27 years old now, and don't have near as much of a following and fan base as the Big Deuce. Plus, the '85 Vette and '85 IROC-Z are the only kits of the Monogram bunch to include 16" tires, so a set of wheels has to be specifically designed to fit those tires, and will fit only those tires.

#7 Sam I Am

Sam I Am

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Also consider the '85 Vette (and the 1/8 kit) are 27 years old now, and don't have near as much of a following and fan base as the Big Deuce. Plus, the '85 Vette and '85 IROC-Z are the only kits of the Monogram bunch to include 16" tires, so a set of wheels has to be specifically designed to fit those tires, and will fit only those tires.

I figured at how little the 85 Vette was selling for on ebay compared to other 1/8 Monogram kits that it would not have the aftermarket following. I was figuring on different wheels and tires as a set. Maybe I should forget about the wheels/tires and just find material for wiring and plumbing this one. 

#8 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

1/8 tires/wheels from the land of RC

http://www.amainhobb...rent-2-40-Shore

just showing options ...