Model Cars Magazine Forum

Western Star Race Rig

027a_zpsd7010acd.jpg028a_zpsae55b6a5.jpg020a_zps06f19499.jpg011a_zpsba93ee7b.jpg009a_zpsa88c0437.jpg001a_zpsff1858ca.jpg

I built this one about 5 years ago...I had a surplus of Nastro Azzurro race rigs with the Mercedez Actros pulling the 45 footer...But that was too short a model to display, so I extended it to 53'...Of course, I never heard of these guys, but they have a winning bike team, so...I have some pics of the bikes, but I'll try to show those later....

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...

That bike was riden by valentino rossi in moto gp (I cant remember which year they seem to change regularly) you did a great job on that tho i bet those decals where a pig to put on . Were the bikes a kit or dicast?

Thanks for the info...I'm glad somebody knows...We don't get much by the way of the European race curcuit around here....Thank you very much....The bikes were fully assembled....1 per kit....As you can see, I had quite a few of them...

If you have cable or Satellite watch Speed Late night.

I have seen those Moto GP races, Aussie Super Car, and a few of the

different Euro Touring car champion series.

Brit, German to name 2.

ALL are road course.

They tend to run late into or after the American series seasons.

Thanks for the info...I'm glad somebody knows...We don't get much by the way of the European race curcuit around here....Thank you very much....The bikes were fully assembled....1 per kit....As you can see, I had quite a few of them...

Your welcome Airfix released that bike as set of 5 kits in 1/25 and the year was 1989 that valentino rossi rode with those colours .Funny enuf they probably carry about that many bikes in one truck . Moto GP is a world series they race in the UK Eruope Aisa Australia USA koriea japan just to name a few

Edited by Doobie

• 4 weeks later...