I'm currently working on this car along with a couple other projects. My goal on this project was to build it somewhat box stock. I never realy cared for the body in this kit, but found if you work with it a little you can make it a bit more acceptable. I'll try to post pictures from home one evening this week.
I sanded the sharp angle off the the top of the rear roof area to give it a smoother look. Then moved to the front fenders.
To me the top of the front fenders look a bit to high, so I started sanding that area down to make it look a little sleaker.
There is quite a bit of plastic in this area, but still work slowly to get the right look and not cut through the plastic.
The windshield appears to be a little narrow & low, so I filled in the molding lines around the windshield and began to sand the a-pillars a little, I also increased the windshield height just a touch. You've got to be carefull here as you still want to be able to put the kit windshield in. Of course you can get a little more radical and make your own windshield.
These are very minor tips and probably not noticed by everyone, but I know they have been done and look pretty good to me.
I 'm was happy to see some info on the front axle here as I have only cleaned up the mold lines and stripped some of the chrome for the rest of the kit.
I do love the rear slicks in this kit and have bought a couple more just for the slicks.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the kit, even though it's a little more of project than I planned on. It's still nice to Round 2 reissuing these great old kits.