#21 VERNON

VERNON

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:vernon philip hayden

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm currently working on this car along with a couple other projects. My goal on this project was to build it somewhat box stock.  I never realy cared for the body in this kit, but found if you work with it a little you can make it a bit more acceptable. I'll try to post pictures from home one evening this week.

I sanded the sharp angle off the the top of the rear roof area to give it a smoother look. Then moved to the front fenders.

To me the top of the front fenders look a bit to high, so I started sanding that area down to make it look a little sleaker.

There is quite a bit of plastic in this area, but still work slowly to get the right look and not cut through the plastic.

The windshield appears to be a little narrow & low, so I filled in the molding lines around the windshield and began to sand the a-pillars a little, I also increased the windshield height just a touch.  You've got to be carefull here as you still want to be able to put the kit windshield in.  Of course you can get a little more radical and make your own windshield.

These are very minor tips and probably not noticed by everyone, but I know they have been done and look pretty good to me.

I 'm was happy to see some info on the front axle here as I have only cleaned up the mold lines and stripped some of the chrome for the rest of the kit.

I do love the rear slicks in this kit and have bought a couple more just for the slicks.  

Overall I'm pretty happy with the kit, even though it's a little more of project than I planned on.   It's still nice to Round 2 reissuing these great old kits.

Vernon

#22 gbdolfans

gbdolfans

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Full Name:George Bluhm

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

To John,Thank you so much for these kits.I just got the Bounty Hunter and LOVE it.Waiting for the Grove Mustang as well as my favorite the Candies & Hughes Cuda.

Any word on the Cuda??

We all should be very happy to have these kits coming out!!!!!

George

#23 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

I love the old kits and will keep buying them as I see fit. and will deal with the in-accuracies ( if any ) as I see fit

keepem coming

And Thanks

#24 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

If  you have the MPC Blue Max, you have the Kalitta car.  MPC did the same as Revell and used their tools for various cars. But, they are a step above the AMT 70's Funnies! 

I think they also did the Vel's Parnelli Jones Mustang, The Hot Rod Magazine car, Shirley Muldowney and another one I can not think of at the moment. 

How about AMT's MoPower funny?  I have one that I bought new back in the early '80's and it looks good to me- but of course, I haven't done any test-fitting yet...

#25 gonzo64nova

gonzo64nova

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Gonzo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Anyone have any photos of the kit's components?

#26 VERNON

VERNON

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:vernon philip hayden

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Hey guys,  Please don't misunderstand me, I too love the kit and appreciate the model companies reissuing these great old kits.  The changes I made were done to improve on already great product. 

I had these kits as a kid an enjoy being able to build them all over again, hopefully as a better modeler.

I too thank alll the model companies for the reissues over the last several years, and look forward to more in the future.

Happy modeling, Vernon