Model Cars Magazine Forum

Invader Challenger FC *WIP* Whoopiekat Decals

Tye Brown

Thanks for the kind words man. I can't wait to finish this baby off :) Mike, No I didn't man they are one peace man and went on with no problems dude. If anyone is thinking of gettting this sheet man then stop thinking about it man & just go and get it. They are awesome decals to work with but just don't rub them to much man :) Peace

I'm surprised that Alan from Whoopiekat hasn't chimed in here yet. Tye, your project is looking good. And you are correct, Whoopiekat Decals are very good to work with. However, a word of advice is probably in order for anyone looking at this and wanting to do the same build. Numerous decals designed by the original owner of Whoopiekat scaled certain designs to fit on specific bodies. Like the decal you see used here, it was designed to fit on the Johan Challenger body, which is a longer wheelbase model. And with the very nice lace patterns on some of these cars it almost makes it impossible to cut the decal down to make it fit the wheelbase of an AMT Challenger, which is why this decal appears to be just a bit long for the body.

It still works but conforms better to the Johan body. The same issue is in effect for the Cougar body from Johan and AMT.

Edited by 1320wayne

Looking good Tye! As Wayne explained, these were drafted to fit the Johan and CompResin body. Re the Wild Breed Cougar decal, I have two, one fits the AMT the other the MPC/AFXnScale resin copy .... one is a longer wheel base

Thanks for the kind words about the decals .....

Edited by Alan