Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Demon Pro Stock 4-20

caine440

Got a little more done on the Demon.
Opened up the bottom valance and drilled out the headlights.
I have had an awful time getting this one to fit up nice. It seems to be fighting me every step I make.
IMG_2033.jpg
IMG_2034.jpg
IMG_2035.jpg
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg
Still along way to go.
Thanks for looking!

Edited by caine440

Most of the intake and carbs are from the Johan Sox & Martin Cuda. I just drill out the carbs.

This has a Ross Gibson Hemi in it as I am running out of motors in the ole parts box.

The intake seems to be a resin copy of the John Cuda parts.

I would like to find a source for early Pro Stock intakes and carbs.

Thanks for the info Roger. Considering the popularity of both the muscle car and drag racing genres in auto modeling, I'm a little surprised there are not more kits readily available covering the first few years ('70-'72) of the pro stock class. How cool would it be if Revell had some kits along the same line as their '68 Dart and '41 Willys of cars such as the S&M Cuda, the MM Challenger, or Grumpy's Vega?

That is a good catch Steve. Neither of the resin Demons I have have the trunk ridge.

I am trying to find a set of clear head light lens for this one.

The trunk lid center "ridge" was a mid-'71 change. Cars newly constructed for the '72 season would probably have it, while teams stretching '71 cars into the '72 season might overlook the change.

The MPC kit parts don't fit all that well, so it's not surprising that resin kits based on it are also tough to get together. MPC didn't get the front wheel openings right either. I found out about the poor fit while reworking a '76 Dart body to accept some resin front end parts copied from the MPC Demon kit. From a resin kit that I bought second-hand (don't know who made it), as of now all I'm using is the taillight panel (cut from the body) and the front bumper/grille (and I might set that aside in favor of a Modelhaus part, as I did with the hood and front pan).

That is a good catch Steve. Neither of the resin Demons I have have the trunk ridge.

I am trying to find a set of clear head light lens for this one.

The Missing link resin version does have the proper trunk.I used a 73' Duster trunk when I made the master for missing link..72 Coronet..I have to hang onto my 72' s...as they are no longer made.

Thanks Steve for the info.

I do see shots of some of the Pro Stocks with and without the trunk ridge.

I will leave this one be. Overall it is a nice package deal from Comp. Resin.

One of our fellow board memebers is reworking the decals for this one and they sound like they are going to be outstanding.