#21 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Glad you're here and getting into the groove. If you're a starting modeler, you've done quite well, and it's very clean.

However, I'll go against the grain with all the compliments posted on this thread. I don't think all that applause does you any favors. This model really needs a lot more attention to detail, including chrome trim touches and especially the dashboard detail. There's a pretty high standard on this forum, and you would get even more accolades if you took a few extra steps.

Edited by sjordan2, 08 January 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#22 dantewallace

dantewallace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Full Name:dante dwayne wallace

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I am not new to modelling just new to the forum,I have been building for 27yrs. Yea,I agree that the chrome needs a retouch but I dont feel that a dab of silver paint is sufficient. Do you have any suggestions on something better to use? I overlooked parts of the dash on purpose. This only because out of the package the detail of the guages,etc was poorly done from the mold,also no decals for the cluster was included. Usually I fully detail my dashes using a finely sharpened toothpick under a microscope,this simply could not be done with this model.

#23 Sixties Sam

Sixties Sam

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Stitzer

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Truck and boat are both beauties! Very nicely done. Great colors. What a deal for $5.00!

Sam