Marty "Hatchet"

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Full Name:Car Junckie

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Well......that sucks!

A lot of people will feel deceived....Revell will have their hands full with complaints on this one.

It's a good thing that I build 1:25 scale :-)

#22 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have the original kit molded in clear, but waiting for the new kit. Must make my old clear kit still worth something?

#23 Jason Burdette

Jason Burdette

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have never seen a clear body Petty Charger and I am 40 yrs old. I'm glad to see this out I have always heard of folks talking about this kit and how much it cost to collectors. I got two on order and I plan to build one,kinda wish it was clear but I'm just happy they brought it back.

#24 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

AMT offered the Clear Tailer not too long ago, and what about the Daytona Transport.

That Large Clear & Clear blue tint option for the top.

Yea, I know, the trailer was made in Flat sections.

I Might have bought one of these with the Clear body, but since I restrict my builds

to 1/14-5 and smaller, I don't think I will get the new issue.

I have my original I built new way back when

I have a original Built of the Pearson Sportsman GTO too

Edited by Edsel-Dan, 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#25 80mirada

80mirada

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Davis

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I think the problem also stems from the amount of work the original mold has gone through.  The repairs may have cause the clear plastics to be highly distorted.  I personally will be glad to have it with out the clear, I was planning on painting it anyway.

#26 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

So in all reality we've been duped. Take one Dukes of Hazzard kit build without the body add the body from either the red or black street Charger ( you'll have to rely on your model building skills here) filling in the hole in the hood. Oh yeah, you'll have to switch out those nasty Dukes wheels for the NASCAR wheels and tires in the black kit. Now you have your Grand National Stock Car with out that nasty ol clear body.

Edited by Greg Myers, 09 January 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#27 THarrison351

THarrison351

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Harrison

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I can't wait for this to be on the shelves. I had the Baker kit as a kid, and made a complete mess of it. I don't care if it's clear or opaque. I just want the opportunity to do it right. My experiance with clear plastic parts is they are brittle and don't like to be flexed. From years of watching original kits on e-bay with broken clear body parts, the opaque plastic (wish it was white) is probably the best solution. 

At least the collectors of original kits will be able to sell at exorbitant prices. I like it when the reissues devalue the old kits especially when the old kits are damaged or missing pieces.

#28 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Interesting find on another board. Looks like all releases and colors of plastic have warping issues. http://www.cglfc.com...=24689&start=15

#29 Dragline

Dragline

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Frias

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

So in all reality we've been duped. Take one Dukes of Hazzard kit build without the body add the body from either the red or black street Charger ( you'll have to rely on your model building skills here) filling in the hole in the hood. Oh yeah, you'll have to switch out those nasty Dukes wheels for the NASCAR wheels and tires in the black kit. Now you have your Grand National Stock Car with out that nasty ol clear body.

Not quite. If you've ever seen this kit in the box you'd know there are at least 3 more trees of parts as compared to the DOH and Street Charger kits.

This kit is detailed to the MAX and when it is released I hope someone will post pics of the trees involved. There really are that many more parts. Not only that, but this kit is what these molds are all about. The Street Charger and DOH kits were afterthoughts.

Bob

#30 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Well......that sucks!

A lot of people will feel deceived....Revell will have their hands full with complaints on this one.

It's a good thing that I build 1:25 scale :-)

Man, it must really be bad if people are going to complain to Revell about an old MPC kit. :/

#31 Marty "Hatchet"

Marty "Hatchet"

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Man, it must really be bad if people are going to complain to Revell about an old MPC kit. :/

I was just looking forward to the clear body version that's all.....you know....like they advertised. Does that make me a complainer?

Edited by Marty "Hatchet", 09 January 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#32 Bad Apple

Bad Apple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Sherman

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

They are available on ebay now, i ordered one last night.

#33 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I was just looking forward to the clear body version that's all.....you know....like they advertised. Does that make me a complainer?

No my point is that this kit is a Round 2/MPC kit. They have zero to do with Revell. Two COMPLETELY separate companies. Ergo if Revell was getting complaint calls about a Round 2 kit the lack of the clear plastic body must be epically
disappointing. ;)

Akin to calling McDonald's and complaining Papa John's made your pizza wrong...

Edited by niteowl7710, 10 January 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#34 Marty "Hatchet"

Marty "Hatchet"

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

You're right James...I did say Revell....DUH!... Well I feel stupid......Anybody got a rock I can crawl under? Or maybe a really big model kit?

Edited by Marty "Hatchet", 10 January 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#35 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

you're lucky, the body wont be clear so no one will see you'

#36 VERNON

VERNON

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Full Name:vernon philip hayden

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Personally it doesn't matter to me, as  I plan on painting mine so the opaque is fine.

I still have an original from when I was a kid, but had attempted to paint the clear body back around 1975, thats as far as it ever went. Still unbuilt !!

I would like to thank the folks at Round 2 Models for this re-release as well as all the kits they've brought us modelers over the last couple years.  I've always had a soft spot in my  heart for these old kits and have enyoyed them very much.

By the way I three of the Petty Chargers on order,  so hopefully we'll see some decals come out in the near future.

Happy modeling, Vernon

#37 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I've never seen the appeal of a clear body on a kit...kind of a cheesy gimmick, IMO.   Sounds like a neat kit, though. 

Edited by Rob Hall, 10 January 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#38 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

I've never seen the appeal of a clear body on a kit...kind of a cheesy gimmick, IMO.   Sounds like a neat kit, though. 

Clear body kits sell like trash, too.  Believe me. Will probably end up helping this kit in the long run.   

#39 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,975 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

So in all reality we've been duped. 

Just get a 24" x 36" roll of clear vinyl and wrap the entire body. It's a NASCAR car, after all. Done.  :D

#40 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Just get a 24" x 36" roll of clear vinyl and wrap the entire body. It's a NASCAR car, after all. Done.  :D

That sounds expensive isn't there some sort of do-it-yourself kitchen plastic wrap method?