26 replies to this topic

#21 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Its precentages, there are 10's of millions more Fords on the road.

#22 cobramike

cobramike

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Full Name:mike barrett

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I wonder how many owners of Hyundai's  will still have their car when the 100,000 mile/10year warranty expires?  The company knows that they will only last 2-3 years at best, then those owners will move on to different cars, but in the meantime the company makes a fortune off of gullible American buyers who believe the advertising.  I have a 97 Ford pickup way over 100K that makes it 16 years old, still runs like a new truck, Also have a 98 Mustang Cobra that is 15 years old, it's like a new car, also have a 04' Mustang GT that is now 9 years old.  Point is, I seriously doubt that you will ever see a hyundai vehicle still running like it is almost new when that odometer hits the 100K mark, if so I want to see what it looks like, lol!  

#23 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I wonder how many owners of Hyundai's  will still have their car when the 100,000 mile/10year warranty expires?  The company knows that they will only last 2-3 years at best, then those owners will move on to different cars, but in the meantime the company makes a fortune off of gullible American buyers who believe the advertising.  I have a 97 Ford pickup way over 100K that makes it 16 years old, still runs like a new truck, Also have a 98 Mustang Cobra that is 15 years old, it's like a new car, also have a 04' Mustang GT that is now 9 years old.  Point is, I seriously doubt that you will ever see a hyundai vehicle still running like it is almost new when that odometer hits the 100K mark, if so I want to see what it looks like, lol!  

Well, first, I am not sure what the advertisement thing is you keep mentioning.  I watch little to no TV, so, I guess I haven't seen the irresistible brainwashing occurring somewhere.  Second - Hyundai knows that the cars they make will only last 2-3 years?  That sounds like a great business model - give out a 10 year warranty on a car you know will only last 2-3 years.  Seems like their share of the market would be shrinking...

I get the picture.  A couple people had bad experiences with Hyundais.  You don't really need to post over and over the same rhetoric.  If you look at the reliability ratings for cars, Hyundai generally ranks average or above average.  They are not Toyotas or Hondas - nor do you pay the premium.  JD Power ranks them as one of the most reliable compact cars.  Anecdotal stories are, as I have said before, useless in determining reliability.  Yes, you worked in rentals and had Hyundais.  There is inherent bias in human beings to notice things they want to notice.  It was not a scientific evaluation of reliability.  That would require a large sample of many users and cars.  

Really, the point of this topic, though, was the Hyundai Genesis and how I would buy a model kit of one.  Not how reliable one person's car is...

#24 krazyglu

krazyglu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I can't stand Mustang's...there ugly and most owner's think they are so much cooler than they really are.  There now I stated my stupid opinion that didn't have a thing to do with the OP. Back to the topic at hand though, yes a scale kit of this would be really nice,  I would swap the wheel's and slam it on the ground.

#25 Coned Tony

Coned Tony

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Ciavarra

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have an '03 santa Fe with 148000 on it. Only had to replace the usual things. still drives fine. In 2009 I bought a Honda Accord Coupe V6 automatic. At 35000 miles the tranny blew, before that the 2 rear brake calipers froze up at around 18000 miles all of which were OUT OF WARRANY of 12 months 12000 miles

#26 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

We have an '08 Sonata with 90+ K miles.  I've changed the oil, wipers, battery, tires; you know, minor stuff.  The dealer changed a PS pulley under warranty while I had the car in for an oil change- I didn't even complain about it.  The car is still quiet, it runs great, everything works; the only thing that broke is the cupholder in the console.  We're very satisfied with the car and we would certainly buy another Hyundai.  Back on LI, there were at least 7 Hyundais on one block (of twenty houses) in my neighborhood; one neighbor would buy nothing else and they still have two now.  And a quick glance at a recent ... Car and Driver (IIRC) shows a 2013 Sonata 2.0 Turbo four cylinder test drive; the 1/4 mile time is in the low 14s.  That's real close to '70's Hemi territory.  Not too shabby.  I'm not saying that all Hyundais are perfect cars nor am I saying that ours is but there was a time when I wouldn't even consider owning one... how things can change.

#27 ValvEasy

ValvEasy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Valentine

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Perhaps a Korean model manufacturer will take it on. The Japanese would never do a kit of  Korean car! Bit of a cultural dislike.

Understatement of the year.