#1 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Everything for this is starting to come together. Just got the 1 ton wheels in last week . Ramp body I've had for a while. Service body I just got in last week . Still undecided which direction to go with it.

So I'm looking for ideas.

My original intention was to do the Jenkins - Strickler truck they used to pull the 64 Dodge Race car around on a trailer with. But I realized yesterday the grille is wrong for that application.

Dodge cab is from RMR , Service bed is from Hendricks Motorsports. Ramp bed is a scratchbuilt piece I bought off Ebay 

dodgecab.JPG

toolbed2.JPG

toolbed1.JPG

rampbed.JPG

#2 Mopar - D

Mopar - D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Slade

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Bill I could use 2 of these Dodges for the Snake and Mongoose transporters. They would need some modifications to make them the D-800 truck but I don't think it would take to much to do. Your project looks very promising with either the utility or car transporter. What are you going to use for the chassis?

#3 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

My original intention when I bought the cab was to do the Strickler Jenkins truck

Now I am leaning more towards doing some mods to the cab and do a Landy truck for my Landy Hemi Dart

As far as the chassis , I don't know yet. I did a test fit with a chassis from the little red extress truck and I think it's to far off.

So I am open to ideas - suggestions

Strickler-Jenkins-hauler.jpg

Landy-hauler.jpg

#4 Mopar - D

Mopar - D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Slade

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I would think any of the big rig truck frames would work and the Dodge L - 700 comes with a gas engine that would of been used in the D series it also has a smaller frame that would fit the truck good. That would be my choose.

#5 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Whatever you do with that cab will be very cool Bill! B) 

#6 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have an L700 here so I'll ck it this weekend .Thanks for the idea.

But, The more I look at it, the more I think I'll do the Landy truck instead. The grille differences is going to bug me to much to do the Jenkins/Strickler version. For that one I'll get a Modelhaus cab,,,,,,,, down the road.

Now just need to figure out how to do the ft fender flares, I'm thinking 1/4 round bent to shape. As always I am open to suggestions.

Although,,,,,,, I wouldn't rule out a Hustler Hauler either.

hustler-hauler.jpg

Edited by gtx6970, 15 January 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#7 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

The one ton wheels would be correct for the Strickler truck, but the others shown would need wheels from a larger truck (think 20 inch wheels from a 2 1/2 ton) . If you are going curbside, the Ford Louisville truck might be the right wheelbase(or easily modified), otherwise the L-700 is probably your best bet.

#8 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Anyone have a short hauler kit they've parted out ?

I don't need the cab, box or power plant . All I need is the chassis, and running gear/suspension