#181 buffalobill

buffalobill

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Mathewson

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Looks like the builder of that 2 door wagon might have used the rear portion of a Dodge Magnum's roof.   Or, it might be how to replicate a similar wagon from Moebius' '55 C300 in scale.

Edited by buffalobill, 20 December 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#182 Cesar Bossolani

Cesar Bossolani

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Full Name:Cesar Bossolani

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I got mine yesterday! I was wondered!

1509161_497216847059770_10583118_n.jpg

Thanks my friend Alex "Drago" Taschner to bring both to me from USA!

#183 jjsipes

jjsipes

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Sipes

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Got mine this past weekend. Just like the '55, awesome kit. Thanks Moebius. Bring on more 50's Mopars.

Questions for everyone, what stock colors have you all seen on the '56? I have seen the Geranium Red, Raven Black, Cloud White and the Regimental Red. Any others out there? The instruction sheet in my model has a misprint saying "The 1955 Chrysler 300 body was available in three factory colors: Tango Red, Formal Black or Platinum White". Must be a carry over form the 1955 kit, not a big deal really.

Found this website that has a color break down but would love to see some pictures to go along with the breakdown.

http://chrysler300co...cifications.htm

Edited by jjsipes, 24 December 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#184 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Biggest difference in the 1:1 was under the hood - 23 more cubic inches and up to 55 more HP!  '56 was the first American car to make 1 HP per cubic inch. 

Thank you for that . Much ignored fact as well as the '57 De Soto Adventurer standard Engine . A 354 CID Mill with 355 HP . Me thinks the GM Chevy claim is untrue with the Extra Cost temperamental exotic 283 = a puny 283 Horses . Wasn't the '57 AMC Rebel the fastest American Factory made Car that year ?       Thanx ..

#185 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Got mine this past weekend. Just like the '55, awesome kit. Thanks Moebius. Bring on more 50's Mopars.

Questions for everyone, what stock colors have you all seen on the '56? I have seen the Geranium Red, Raven Black, Cloud White and the Regimental Red. Any others out there? The instruction sheet in my model has a misprint saying "The 1955 Chrysler 300 body was available in three factory colors: Tango Red, Formal Black or Platinum White". Must be a carry over form the 1955 kit, not a big deal really.

Found this website that has a color break down but would love to see some pictures to go along with the breakdown.

They may not be car pictures, but here's the color chips.

http://www.tcpglobal...rysler-pg01.jpg

I like Mediterranean Blue. I'm doing mine in that.

Charlie Larkin

#186 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

The pics I've seen of stock '56 300Bs all seem to be in those 3 colors... 

Charlie Larkin

I'm assuming the 300 was available just in red, white and black and the other colors were for the other models (Windsor, New Yorker, etc)

#187 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

Usually I have no interest in customs, but I like the looks of this custom '56 300B..very subtle and tasteful, IMO..would be neat to something like this from this kit.

014.jpg

#188 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

The pics I've seen of stock '56 300Bs all seem to be in those 3 colors... 

I'm assuming the 300 was available just in red, white and black and the other colors were for the other models (Windsor, New Yorker, etc)

Correct. The factory colors were Formal Black, Cloud White and Regimental Red. All others were special-order on the 300B.

Charlie Larkin

#189 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Usually I have no interest in customs, but I like the looks of this custom '56 300B..very subtle and tasteful, IMO..would be neat to something like this from this kit.

014.jpg

Ooooh! That's nice! 

#190 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Biggest difference in the 1:1 was under the hood - 23 more cubic inches and up to 55 more HP!  '56 was the first American car to make 1 HP per cubic inch. 

Brett, 

True that the horsepower rating (by virtue of 23 more cubic inches) was a major improvement, that wasn't the only mechanical improvement:  1956 saw the introduction of the pushbutton control console for the automatic transmission.

Also, Chrysler's 1956 300B was not the first American car to make 1hp per cubic inch though!  That honor went to the 1935 Duesenberg "SSJ" roadsters, one of which Duesenberg produced for actor Clark Gable, the other for his fellow Hollywood star, Gary Cooper.  The horsepower?  425hp from 420 cubic inches.

Art

#191 maltsr

maltsr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Scadden

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Charlie Larkin

Thanks for the link Charlie, I know which colour mine will be ;)

#192 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

I like the idea of a '58 DeSoto / Plymouth / Dodge / Chrysler / Imperial . So long as it includes the Bendix Electro-Jector as an option !

You just sent people scurrying to Google!  :lol:

#193 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

I like the idea of a '58 DeSoto / Plymouth / Dodge / Chrysler / Imperial . So long as it includes the Bendix Electro-Jector as an option !

Along with the dual quads to do a diorama of a dealer doing the warranty repair? :)

Charlie Larkin

#194 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

014.jpg

I know the man who owns this car. I'd like to try and do a version like this.

#195 maltsr

maltsr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Scadden

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the link Charlie, I know which colour mine will be ;)

Thankfully, no problems with my kit so far.

Chose to paint mine Tamiya Forest Green metallic, which looks close to Surf Green..

002_zps4beabc29.jpg

#196 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

I haven't opened mine yet...

#197 buffalobill

buffalobill

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Mathewson

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

re: the 'bulgy headlight surrounds' - There's something not quite correct as far as I can determine comparing the kit to a 1:1 vehicle.   I've looked at many images of a 1:1 300B, and the kit's headlights appear to still jut out too far forward, but I really think that the area directly below the headlights is where the problem actually causes the headlight surrounds to jut out too far in relation to the area directly below them - esp in a side view of the body shell.   I think that surface area directly below the fender immediately behind the headlight surrounds (of the kit) is much too abrupt & vertical, causing the headlight surrounds to look as if they extend too far forward, but in actuality, I do not think that they do. . . Images of a 1:1 vehicle - esp in a side view - show that there's a more gentle curve that transitions from the rearward lower edge of the headlight surrounds downward to where the parking/directional lights are mounted.   That should be a reasonably easy fix to correct w/ some putty.    There's also a slight, but awkward 'bulge' on the side of the front fender right behind, but below the headlights that extends from the leading edge of the side trim downward to the bottom edge of the fender, and smoothing out that 'bulge' should also improve that area.; an easy fix.   I compared the 300B to the C300 kit, and they share that same issue. . .

re: the 'stubby rear quarter panels' - The slant of the trailing edge of the rear quarters, is not quite correct, either, as was discussed by others here on the forum.   It's a bit too upright, and the graceful slant of the 1:1 vehicle has not been captured as well as it could have been.   Consequently, the shape of the taillight bezel, and possibly the shape of the taillight lenses themselves, plus the ends of the rear bumper may be 'off' also.    That will not be easily fixed, unless the aftermarket comes out w/ corrected trim pierces, and that's not likely.    I am not going to fret over the shape of the rear quarter panels, for when one looks at the completed model - such as the beautiful build that Art Anderson did when the kit was first released - the impact of the overall model minimizes what is not all that big of deal - at least for me.   I'm just glad to have this kit, as I'd been waiting a very long time for someone to release a 1/25th model of the '55-'56 Chrysler - ever since Revell's ancient & rather awful 1/32 scale '55 Chrysler kit that I attempted to build many years ago.