196 replies to this topic

#81 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

I can tell from these two photographs that the front of the model is closer to the camera (this shot appears to be very close to square-on), while the rear of the real car is closer to the camera.  Any comparison is moot, these aren't anywhere close to being shot from the same perspective.  

And I'm not saying you're wrong, or that the model is correct.  These just aren't a good pair of photographs to use for comparison.  

I agree. The 1:1 in this shot is viewed at an angle. if you look at the the above shot you will see the window does terminate furter back than in the side shot harry showed. 

041-M.jpg

Untitled-1-7_zps00b5a973.jpg

Here is the same car at a much more dead on side view

300BSwanLake.jpg

I don't know about you, but those head lights appear to stick pretty far out in this view,

Edited by Darin Bastedo, 22 June 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#82 mopar68

mopar68

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Zac Millington

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I think yes!!!! I have plans for this one already :D

#83 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

is there a relese date for this one yet or did I miss it

#84 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

is there a relese date for this one yet or did I miss it

I don't even have a tentative date for this one yet, but I do have box art...     And what a lovely box it is, done by Mr. Sean Svendsen.  This one could go down as the nicest box art of all time, IMHO...  :wub:

MOE300B-vi.jpg

#85 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

I don't know about you, but those head lights appear to stick pretty far out in this view,

True, and if anything the perspective of that shot is compressing them in a little, since the front of the car is further away from the focus point as evidenced by the passenger's side vent window and front tire being visible behind the driver's side.  Still, that's about as close to an orthographic shot as you're ever going to get without stitching together multiple exposures.   It's taken from far away with a long lens, which helps to minimize distortion and parallax.  

#86 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Full Name:Sean Svendsen

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Here's a couple of pics of the test shot model I built for box art photography.

300b2_zps07d7052b.jpg

300b1_zps12d12213.jpg

#87 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

Why are there two different sets of wheels on your model? Is it to make it seem like you built more than one kit on the box art?

#88 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,452 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Sean... is the "CHRYSLER" lettering on the rear fender a decal?

#89 peekay

peekay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Full Name:Peter Kennedy

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

I resisted the 55 but I'll be having this! Beautifully built and photographed, Sean.

#90 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

That looks great. I'll be getting a few of these when they come out.

#91 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Good Lord, that IS a gorgeous boxcover!  Compliments to the chef!   B)

Bear in mind I'm saying this as a consumer in happy anticipation of grabbing the first one of these he sees:

Yes, there can be serious distortion based on angle and lens, both in 1:1 and scale model shots.  But as you bring the angles closer in comparative shots, the deviations just aren't going away.

300comp-vi.jpg

These shots don't line up perfectly either, but they're closer. The flat arc of the model's side trim and the apparent push upwards all through the rear quarters may be an artifact of perspective height divergence between the two shots, so I'm not going to say anything conclusive on that just yet.  Still, the view angles are close enough to show a few things beyond a doubt. 

The rear overhang still looks a bit suspect in its expanse (did the missing length migrate just ahead of the front wheel arches?) and definitely a touch too vertical in the rake described by the taillight and bumper area, which not only rakes more but tapers outward top to bottom, relative to the rear quarter; just about every other 1:1 profile in this thread reinforces that.  The backlight profile looks better from the new model shot, but as generally agreed here, it is blatant that the headlight nacelles are too far out on the model, lining up with the forward edge of the bumper where they're clearly well shy of that parameter on the 1:1.

Good news for that last is, it also looks to be one of the more bone-headed fixes imaginable, assuming the '56 nacelles are also separate - just file down the front of the fenders where they seat, probably a whopping 20 minutes of work even if you're super-cautious about it.  There's a wee bit of taper from nacelle to fender there, but ultimately not enough to make a huge difference from the looks of it.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis, 12 July 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#92 cooltoys1

cooltoys1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Jay Ignatjew

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

looks to me they didnt fix any of the issues from the test shot and final.  Pitty.  It just seems to lack the streamline-ness (if thats a word, lol)

Edited by cooltoys1, 12 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#93 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,452 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

looks to me they didnt fix any of the issues from the test shot and final.  Pitty.  It just seems to lack the streamline-ness (if thats a word, lol)

I think they did try to fix the roofline curvature (it's still off, though). The too-short rear overhang and the "bug-eye" sticking out headlights are still there... they really should have addressed that.

#94 cooltoys1

cooltoys1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Jay Ignatjew

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Do you think there is any chance they will fix this stuff before goin into production?  Its a shame they have gone so far.

#95 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Why are there two different sets of wheels on your model? Is it to make it seem like you built more than one kit on the box art?

The kit includes the stock hubcaps and Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels. I built my model with different wheels on either side to showcase the kit options.

#96 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sean... is the "CHRYSLER" lettering on the rear fender a decal?

Yes I used there will be decals for all the emblems included.

Edited by S. Svendsen, 12 July 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#97 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,423 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

300comp-vi.jpg

I'm no nay-sayer and I'm no rivet-counter.  I love the Moebius Chryslers and will add this one to my bucket-pile of kits. 

However, four things stand out about these two pictures:

1)  The headlight bezels and fenders project to far forward ahead of the front wheel wells (as has already been mentioned). Somewhat easily fixed.

2)  The taillights and bezels seem to vertical.  The real-deal has more reverse slope than the model. Not so easily fixed.

3)  The real magilla has more curvature to the leading edge of the rear window; it's more of a continuing arc than the model, which seems a little squared-off.  Easily fixed.

4)  The big boy has no fuel filler door on its left rear quarter, but the model has a prominent one.  Simply fixed.

What gives?

It's still a winner in my book, and few people would ever notice the faux pas, let alone ever criticize a well finished model.

#98 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Just received a second-round test shot--the fuel filler door is gone from the left rear quarter panel.

Art

#99 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Jay, 

What you are looking at in this thread are pics of the FIRST round test shot--NOT the finished, production kit.

Art

#100 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

My question is has there been any talk about some Photo-etch and or upgrade kits for any of the Mobeius  releases?