#21 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Jones

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

yep thats exactly how I feel....the ones for the model are made ofter the old fenton slots...but the actual ones for my 1:1 arr true E.T.s 14x6.5 fronts & 15x8.5 rears...going to have the perfect stance...now just to find tires to match the actual ones lol

#22 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:david lee roth

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

you gotta go with some oldschool firestones

#23 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

On the actual car I will be using BF Goodrich 205-70-14 front & 275-60-15 rears

#24 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Tim your camaro has had a very hard life .Why do people let great cars get to that stage its a crime!!! .You have your work cut out for you on that one best of luck getting her back on the road .As for your model its looking good shame about the bumper snapping !

I built the 70 1/2 camaro years ago its now in the spares box .Im not sure if you can use any parts from it  I will dig it out and have a look for you but I think it was a split bumper on that year ?

#25 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

The Camaro isn't in as bad as the pics make it out to be. Typical rust, like all these cars have. It will be just over $350 in sheetmetal. I can do all the cutting, welding, body work and painting so no worries there. I am also going to be building the engine, but not until all body work is done lol. It will take some time, but shouldn't be too hard to do, I have seen alot worse cars.

As far as the model goes, its going slow lol. The 70 1/2 camaro kits are all split bumpers.  I am sure I could use the one you have for something....I have actually thought about getting another kit and making a version of my car in its current state....might could use yours for that.

#26 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Cool I will dig out as many parts as I can find I think doin a copy of your 1;1 as is would be cool

#27 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

ok cool...just let me know what all you find of it.

I had originally planned on doing it as it sits when I bought this kit, but getting tired of people asking what I have planned for it...lol so building a scaled version of what it will look like when finished.