#41 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Just a little tidbit, at one time somebody cast a four-door body (with a really badly done interior) for this. Note that this one has been chopped to use the cowl and windsheild from the Vicky, because Ford's hardtop roofs were a couple inches lower than the pillared sedans.

84_402626326459697_764416927_n-vi.jpg

#42 Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Full Name:Luke

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Yes, and Yes!

#43 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

So does this kit come with the dual high and low air intake scoops (not sure what they are called) that you see on the two box covers? I don't see them in the pix of the parts

#44 Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Full Name:Luke

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yes, this kit is virtually unchanged since its release in the early '60s. ALL original kustom/drag parts are still in it.

Wish they would do this with the AMT '57 Ford!

#45 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,385 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Can anyone confirm for me that the drag slicks in the most recent release are identical to the ones in the recent Sock It To Me Corvette?

I have an earlier version of the '56 and I'm going to build it box stock but for the Tampo'd slicks from the Vette. If they are identical in both kits then I can say the '56 is fully box stock for competition purposes.

#46 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Here's a better pic of the decal sheet.  :wub:

2013AMT56FordVicdecals.jpg

2013AMT56FordVic2.jpg

2013AMT56FordVic1.jpg

#47 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

I am not a ford guy but i think this kit is going in my stash

#48 1959scudetto

1959scudetto

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Full Name:Helmut Müllner

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

I always liked this kit - here are my versions:

Attached Files

#49 Force

Force

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Full Name:Håkan Persson

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'm a little late to this discussion but I just read the whole thread for the first time.

This is a nice kit , especially regarding it's age, I just wish someone would do Photo Etch emblems for it (please Model Car Garage...pretty please)...the engraved emblems are so faint on the kit and will dissappear under a couple of coats of paint.
Another wich is that Round 2 would have made correct fenderskirts for it.

While I read the thread I reacted on the discussion on the building options on the first page, yes the kit is a Fairlane Victoria and they includes the Crown Victoria "basket handle" and the Skyliner glass roof insert...but some things are missing to do a correct Crown Victoria as AMT forgot the long chrome trim on top of the rear fenders wich starts at the B-pillar and goes all the way back to the tail lights, and the for the Crown Victoria unique back seat with the swept chrome trim with the crown shield in the middle at the top of the back rest up against the package tray...and the door emblems should read "Crown Victoria" but it's only "Victoria" on the model...another reason for a photo etch kit.

Edited by Force, 24 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#50 Jim Gibbons

Jim Gibbons

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Gibbons

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

I'm also late to the conversation, Håkan, and you are quite correct on the Crown details. I've lost count as to how many of these '56 Ford models I've built over the decades. This was the first model of a 1950s car I ever built, back around 1973 or so, that started a 40 year long love of building replica stock '50s and early '60s cars. Prior to the '56 model, I only built classic cars. I personally find the Crown Vic trim too over the top; sometimes less is more. This model made such an impression on me, that I bought a 1:1 '56 Fairlane Town Sedan (4 door sedan,) in 1979. The one I had was equipped with the top 312 engine, power pack 4bbl carb, and dual exhausts through the bumper ends. The car was fast! I had a '69 Camaro with a 327 at the same time, and if you manually shifted the Fordamatic in the correct sequence, it was faster 0-60 than the Camaro. I have one of the pre-painted versions in my stash for a fun, easy build, and plan to work on it soon. I have spring modeling fever!

#51 unclescott58

unclescott58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts
  • Full Name:R. Scott Aho

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

As others have stated, this is a great kit. I've built several over the years. In general I like to build stock replicas. The last one I build as just the "plain" Victoria. If one can call a Fairlane Victoria, plain. When I was younger, back in the late 60's, early 70's, I liked more ginger bread on my cars. So I build one as a "stock" Crown Victoria. And another as a full blown custom. I love the custom parts in this kit. Especially the Mercury wagon tail lights. As for the Skyliner roof, I've never used it. Never liked it clear. It needs to be tinted. And in the past I never had the skills to do it. Now I don't care. But.... If the glass roof piece is tinted in the latest issue (is it?), I might consider build a "stock" Skyliner.

By the way, the first one I built way back when, was the "Strip Fowl" version. For that reason I'll always love box for that one.

Great kit! If you've never built one, do not be afraid. I can't think of any major build issues with this kit. It builds up nicely. The opening doors maybe the trickiest part of the kit. But, even as a kid, I had no major problems with them.

Man, I love what Round 2 is doing with these old kits!

Scott Aho

Edited by unclescott58, 18 April 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#52 old gearhead

old gearhead

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Boucher

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

I may pick it up just for the decals. Actually, I've always liked these Fords and will build another - I built a couple of these kits when I was a kid in the '60s.

PB.