#21 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

There were two: the one with the 18" 12 spokes is the original and has an early Hemi; the second one was a 'glass replica built for exhibition runs at drag strips.  That's the one with 15" wheels and it had a 426 ci late Hemi.

I recall the '80s issue of the BHE had Monogram's Goodyear Blue Streak slicks - wonder why they went back to the pie crusts with this one - licensing again?

Thats what I was suspecting Stu. I have seen pics of the exhibition car, and the changes seem to indicate what you said. According the the H.A.M.B. this is the exhibition version. Talk about a scary ride!

boothill_IMG_jpg.jpg

Edited by Draggon, 13 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#22 Toner283

Toner283

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Tone

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yes, as was stated, there are two different cars. I have read that the rollbar was removable on the exhibition version. I think I have seen a picture on the HAMB of the two of them together. Cant wait to get my hands on this kit again, have not built it since I was a kid. hopefully they will bring out the lil coffin too. I will buy a case of them if they do.

#23 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Phillips

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

On preorder for this.  Now where's the Beer Wagon?

I managed to find a NIB Red Baron and Rommel's Rod on my LHS shelves a couple weeks ago. With their sub-ebay price tags intact. They are the reissues, but I wasn't expecting to see both of them hiding behind a sign when I went in. Not sure why I never looked behind it before.

#24 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

This I would buy, again! :lol:

Had the original and built it but nieces and nephews sticky fingers and brushed on gold enamel didn't go well together along with breakage and multiple repairs.

It eventually wound up in the parts box.

When it was released again I bought it and it ended up cannibalized for parts for other builds.

So just maybe this time....................................................... :lol:

#25 towtruck

towtruck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Full Name:John Goewert.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Just got my my boot hill x-press an I always read on the side box to see how much (if any) is American made an was very happy to see this >>> plastic parts molded in USA...packaged in USA...tires molded in USA...box printed in China. not bad R/M three outa four ain't bad. thank you very much REVELL-MONOGRAM for bringing it home to the good ole USA !!! :D

#26 ss2000

ss2000

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Starry

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Is this issue molded in color?

#27 zaina

zaina

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:andy lesiak

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

It's molded in white. The rear wheels and tires don't look correct for the real thing but they will look great on a 32 ford or something similar.

#28 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

Nice! I just completed the '67 release of this kit, and it was molded in orange...

#29 towtruck

towtruck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Full Name:John Goewert.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Is this issue molded in color?

no... molded in white but something not listed on the outside of tho box I forgot to mention is the whitewall insert for thear slicks.

#30 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Cuzzin Al, overt Ma's Resins has the proper wheel,slick and WW insert for that kit, IF it's needed. Al's same hi quality casting goes for these too.

#31 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Just got my my boot hill x-press an I always read on the side box to see how much (if any) is American made an was very happy to see this >>> plastic parts molded in USA...packaged in USA...tires molded in USA...box printed in China. not bad R/M three outa four ain't bad. thank you very much REVELL-MONOGRAM for bringing it home to the good ole USA !!! :D

It's highly likely they never shipped the molds to China for any repops.  Lotsa molds are still here, and there are injection molding facilities to do the work. And keep an eye out for "decals printed in Italy" - that means Cartograf, and that's a good thing!  They're the best!  

The question is, when will the entire process of design, pattern-making, and tool-making of all-new kits be back?  I think it may happen soon, maybe within the next 5 years or so.  Increasing wages and shipping prices might finally reach a tipping point where it's more economical to bring it ALL back.   

#32 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

It's highly likely they never shipped the molds to China for any repops.  Lotsa molds are still here, and there are injection molding facilities to do the work. And keep an eye out for "decals printed in Italy" - that means Cartograf, and that's a good thing!  They're the best!  

The question is, when will the entire process of design, pattern-making, and tool-making of all-new kits be back?  I think it may happen soon, maybe within the next 5 years or so.  Increasing wages and shipping prices might finally reach a tipping point where it's more economical to bring it ALL back.   

Now that would be nice. I among a few million out of work people would like to see more of that happening. The only drawback of that is the main reason for it to happen would be tied to astronomical fuel prices raising the cost of shipping, I wouldn't like the current trend of crude oil prices to continue for much longer.

#33 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,330 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

no... molded in white but something not listed on the outside of tho box I forgot to mention is the whitewall insert for thear slicks.

I think the pie-crust slicks have always had separate sidewall inserts, like so:

Pics005.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but I also think the original issue Monogram Lil Coffin, Orange Hauler, Little T, Little Deuce, and Blue Beetle kits contained the same M&H pie crust slicks with the separate sidewall insert piece, though the wheels used all differed slightly.

#34 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yep Casey is correct.The slicks and inserts are all the same, but the Boot Hill Express had different wheels. I like the Express wheels more than the L'il Coffin, Blue Beetle, Little Tee, 30 Woody, or any other variants. The wheels are significantly differerent.

Edited by Draggon, 25 February 2013 - 05:21 PM.

#35 zaina

zaina

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:andy lesiak

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I think the rear wheels and tires are gorgeous!!! They will look good on so many old school rods.

#36 ToyLvr

ToyLvr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Adams

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

The kit is already available at hobby stores in the Cincinnati area, so I suspect you will see it soon wherever you are...

#37 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • Full Name:Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist Brett M. Barrow, Esq.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

The kit is already available at hobby stores in the Cincinnati area, so I suspect you will see it soon wherever you are...

RPP shops have had it for about a week.  Regular shops and retailers should have it within the next week or so.  

#38 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Costs are rising in China http://www.economist.com/node/21549956 plus there is a rising trend for US small businesses (and lets face it, you're hardly likely to become a global giant making model kits these days) to bring their manufacturing back to the US http://www.wired.com..._madeinamerica/

Edited by zenrat, 27 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#39 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

:rolleyes:   :rolleyes: We can always hope!