Model Cars Magazine Forum

I start my new OTR driving career next week so I went to the local truck stop today just North of Daytona Beach, along I-95 to gather some research. Speedweeks starts up this week and along with all of the events at the Daytona International Speedway there are other events around the area, like the Dirt Track Nationals at Volusia County Speedway. So, all of the major World of Outlaws sprint car teams are filtering into the area for their events.

When I looked over in the truck stop area, where most trucks were parked I saw the coolest rig that I have seen in years. It is what appears to be a custom Peterbilt ramp truck carrying a Donny Schatz/Tony Stewart Racing sprint car show car. I snapped these pictures with my smart phone and the driver, who was sitting inside the rig, was kind enough to get out and come over to me to tell me about the truck.

This is now one of my future model build ideas as this was just way too cool to not want to have something like this sitting on the shelf.

20130213_111207_33-vi.jpg

20130213_111220_200-vi.jpg

20130213_111238_455-vi.jpg