#21 moparfarmer

moparfarmer

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Farmer

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Everenham and Gillette now have nothing to do with RPR...There are two other owners which I cannot remember their names with Richard Petty there as

a NAME per say.  Ray is now working with Hendrick Motorsports again and Gillette is gone.  Thanks for that...

#22 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I love the new cars, so much better then the COT, they look at more like their production counter parts ,  I think this is a step in the right direction to getting NASCAR back to what it once was, but there is still a very long road to go, next step, get rid of Brian France

To start out, Dodge has not confirmed they are going to return in 2014, Ralph Gilles (head of SRT) said he would like to return in 2014, but it all depends on many things

There will be a Dodge running in the Nationwide series at Daytona, and yes, teams can still run the Dodge Challenger in the Nationwide series for the next few years, but of course, no support from Dodge.

On the Gen6 car,  for the few people that that like NASCAR on this forum that have replied, lets not judge the new car off of the racing at Daytona, how the new car races , and if its going to make the racing better will come all the other tracks.

Ford, Chevy, Toytoa  are providing pieces of the cars, and I believe those stamped pieces of the body are the same as the street cars,  yes, just like Harry Hogg said, there aint nothin stock about a stock car.

Everenham and Gillette now have nothing to do with RPR...There are two other owners which I cannot remember their names with Richard Petty there as
a NAME per say.  Ray is now working with Hendrick Motorsports again and Gillette is gone.  Thanks for that...

Andy Murstein, Doug Bergeron  are the other owners of RPM(Richard Petty Motorsports)

Now that I watched the race(replied before I watched it),  there is something yall's have to keep in mind about the race,  first off, this is the first race with this car,  and the big thing is this,  race teams dont have that many of the Gen6 car built yet, so that is a big factor,  plus, this is just a exhibition race, no point in going out and racing and wrecking cars when there is already a shortage of races cars to begin with.

I believe the drivers were somewhat sandbagging to a point.

The teams have to wait on the manufacturers to get body parts, and they are having a hard time  producing the parts fast enough for the teams to build the cars.

And my last point,  its not going to be a great race when you only have twelve cars on the track.

I'm done with NASCAR. I stopped liking the cars back about 1988 when they all started looking like 200mph eggs. :(

Dont take this as anything other then a question, So you stopped liking NASCAR because the cars stopped being bricks?, the street cars stopped being bricks as well, I am betting you dont like the styling of new cars(production cars) either?

Edited by martinfan5, 16 February 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#23 brad4321

brad4321

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Lawrence

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

If I had to complain about Nascar, the car would not be on my short list of things to rant about.  I have hated every rules change that has been made over the past 10 years.  Nascar was doing great 10 years ago and the stands were full.  But then they tried to spice things up and in the process dumbed down the sport one stupid rule after another.  Fabricated entertainment is not entertaining.   The Chase, Lucky Dog, Green-White-Checker finishes, double wide restarts - all stupid IMO.  But at the end of the day, I'm a huge Nascar fan.  Now however, Formula 1 and NHRA are right there at the top of my list of favorite sports.

#24 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Nhra is great, but a lot of the door slammer sanctioning bodies are even better! Like the psca or nmca. Scsn 8 put on by the psca back in November was absolutely awesome!

#25 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Ok. Ok. I made an error. Got Ganassi and Gillette mixed up. However, before the merger, Ganassi DID use Dodges.

#26 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Nhra is great, but a lot of the door slammer sanctioning bodies are even better! Like the psca or nmca. Scsn 8 put on by the psca back in November was absolutely awesome!

Even so the NHRA has adopted some of the same stupid ideas Nascar came up with and they are losing fans at a rapid rate too!

Johnathon, had the new cars looked as close to the street cars as the "bricks" did, they just might have appealed to most fans. But they didn't and they kept stretching and mashing them so out of shape that it was impossible to tell which was which without the decals.

Even the new ons are still so unlike the street versions it is not going to help!

The closest one (and it wasn't that close) was the Dodge and it isn't even racing this year!

#27 pharoah

pharoah

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Full Name:John Farrow

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I used to watch Nascar all the time. But it seems that ever since Earnhardt was killed I haven't watched much of any of the races.

I don't know half of the drivers and the races are boring.

#28 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Danica must have found it to her liking!!! :lol:

#29 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm with Jonathan, you can't judge anything by Daytona-it's an animal all it's own.  I personally like the new cars.  They're lighter and have less downforce which will put more of the racing back on the drivers. 

#30 James2

James2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Full Name:JamesRiesII

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I sorry, I must have fallen asleep. What was this topic about? Oh yeah NAPCAR, great way to relax on a Sunday afternoon. The new cars won't change a thing, TV was the best and the worst thing to happen to stock car racing!

Congress has even given them huge tax breaks. http://usgovinfo.abo...m-tax-break.htm

#31 dragcarz

dragcarz

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Sitzes

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I think the new cars are alot better looking than the COT,  Personally I hope Revell/Monogram jumps on board and kits some, Im ready for something new

#32 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I sorry, I must have fallen asleep. What was this topic about? Oh yeah NAPCAR, great way to relax on a Sunday afternoon. The new cars won't change a thing, TV was the best and the worst thing to happen to stock car racing!

Congress has even given them huge tax breaks. http://usgovinfo.abo...m-tax-break.htm

So you wasted time posting here,  go bash NASCAR somewhere else please

#33 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Revell needs to get on the drag racing wagon. Namely the heads up door car classes like modern pro mods and the various 10.5 and radial classes

#34 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Revell needs to get on the drag racing wagon. Namely the heads up door car classes like modern pro mods and the various 10.5 and radial classes

And that is your opinion,  and I hope Revell does not waste any money on new drag racing tooling, any fool can drive in a straight line :lol:

#35 James2

James2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts
  • Full Name:JamesRiesII

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

So you wasted time posting here,  go bash NASCAR somewhere else please

You need to calm down!

#36 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

You need to calm down!

I am clam :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by martinfan5, 17 February 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#37 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

And that is your opinion,  and I hope Revell does not waste any money on new drag racing tooling, any fool can drive in a straight line :lol:

Would love to see a roundy rounder handle a fueler.

#38 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

NASCAR driver Kurt Busch did drive a pro stock I believe ,  I know he tired it out, Yes its not a top fueler, not as powerful, but still

Edited by martinfan5, 17 February 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#39 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

a pro stock is a tricycle. compared to a fueler...  it doesnt even stack up to a pro mod.

#40 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

a pro stock is a tricycle. compared to a fueler...  it doesnt even stack up to a pro mod.

Never said it did, anyways moving on now