#1 Nick Notarangelo

Nick Notarangelo

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Full Name:Paul D.Notarangelo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

https://www.holden.c...rs 1/32nd ScaleI was looking for some info on a snap kit when I found this,snap kits by airfix with the instructions done by haynes auto manuals.

#2 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

interesting tie-in with Haynes but there is no difference in this version of these kits than the previous releases of these Airfix kits, and if you figure in the exchange rate for a 13 UK Pound to USD currency, that's about $26 before shipping.

IMHO a bit pricey for a 1/32 scale kit with no chrome parts in it.

these can probably be acquired cheaper from a popular auction site or at a swap meet.

P.S. I think they are NOT snap kits, I have some older releases and they're all "glue together" kits.

Edited by blunc, 17 February 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#3 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

They're not snap kits but they are pretty cool !  Especially the Haynes artwork and instructions .  Maybe a bit pricey but that MGB would look good in my collection .

#4 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I love the Airfix 1/32 scale kits!  When I was a kid living in Germany we couldn't get US kits locally, but those little Airfix cars were always available.  I have about 10 different ones, mostly bought as an adult in the US.  It used to be that you could pick them up at shows for $5, but that was before eBay. Now people post them for sale and the Europeans bid them up to big Euros!