#1 John Roberts

John Roberts

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Full Name:John Roberts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Here is something I found the the other  day thought it was kind of different ? or strange   but an out of the box idea Since most of my life always thought  hearse ambulances  limos were pretty much Caddies her is  twist maybe a cool build idea see what you guys think 

Attached Files

#2 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,361 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

That is really cool John...

#3 John Roberts

John Roberts

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Full Name:John Roberts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

something different  maybe thinking can use a bd news or street fighter kit from mongram as a good strt  raise the roof up and make new glass

#4 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Bad News is a '60 not a '59.

I'd base this on an AMT '59 El Camino but your biggest challenge will be that taller than usual windscreen...

#5 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

That is a hearse built in England. I'm not sure if it is an actual hearse, or if someone customized the car...

#6 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bad News is a '60 not a '59.

I'd base this on an AMT '59 El Camino but your biggest challenge will be that taller than usual windscreen...

I would think that a hearse or ambulance would have used a sedan/El Camino/wagon/sedan delivery windshield. I considered trying to lengthen a '59 El Camino body and sectioning and shrinking an Ecto 1 roof to fit the much smaller Chev body. It seemed beyond my mere skills, so I abandoned that dream. here's a photo that I pulled from a German ad for hearses of that year.. below that is a pretty good all around set of photos depicting a '59 ambulance which would essentially likely be similar to a hearse. I wonder how many of these made their way to Germany? I know that they did build some ambulance/hearse bodies on the Chevy platform, but somehow, I think that there were not many made. I really despise this thumbnail sized pictures thing but the photos will enlarge if you click on them.

Attached Files