#21 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

3/2 and I haven't seen it yet, I'm a subscriber!

#22 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yep.  I know.  Same bs every issue, and they wonder why subscriptions do not increase.  If your new car was not delivered in a timely manner, or say you bought someting at a store, and they said you gotta wait 3 more weeks, you wouldn't like it, yet that is what happens with MCM.

#23 timc

timc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cassady

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

I'm a subscriber and I got my "January" issue on 3-1-13.Covers are not tornup but the mail girl folded and rubber banded it with the rest of the mail.I'll be able to read it when it flattens out.

#24 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,154 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Please explain. Plenty of magazines handle their designations the way I described, and the issue number should be specific enough. My suggestion is simply to give a little more leeway in the minds of subscribers.

True. But, if the issues were numbered, many posters would have nothing to beeeeeeatch about.

#25 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

True. But, if the issues were numbered, many posters would have nothing to beeeeeeatch about.

Says the man who got his issue a week or more before some of the other subscribers. I see nothing wrong with stating dissatisfaction with a service they paid for.  

#26 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

As an LHS that carries the magazine, I haven't seen the December issue yet, nevermind the newest one. Seems like it takes an awful long time to ship from Colorado to Maine where my PO Box is.

I know there is a parcel there now from them that arrived last week so I will have to check and see which issue it is, but if it is the Dec. issue....2 months to receive it? That is just unacceptable. Even the slowest snail mail moves faster than that.

#27 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

Says the man who got his issue a week or more before some of the other subscribers. I see nothing wrong with stating dissatisfaction with a service they paid for.  

Exactly.

#28 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

As an LHS that carries the magazine, I haven't seen the December issue yet, nevermind the newest one. Seems like it takes an awful long time to ship from Colorado to Maine where my PO Box is.

I know there is a parcel there now from them that arrived last week so I will have to check and see which issue it is, but if it is the Dec. issue....2 months to receive it? That is just unacceptable. Even the slowest snail mail moves faster than that.

Good to hear from a disatisfied hobby shop owner. I'm not alone.

#29 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Yep.  I know.  Same bs every issue, and they wonder why subscriptions do not increase.  If your new car was not delivered in a timely manner, or say you bought someting at a store, and they said you gotta wait 3 more weeks, you wouldn't like it, yet that is what happens with MCM.

Which is why I am a former subscriber. :D

#30 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Finally got it, damaged as usual.  Even my wife started making comments about how almost every issue comes damaged, and that it is the only piece of mail we get on a regular basis that is.  She said," I get 6-8 catalogs a week, we get 4 or 5 magazines, the TV guide, and whatever else, and that is the only one that ever comes damaged, it's weird."

Edited by midnightprowler, 04 March 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#31 allis200

allis200

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name:dave clausen

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

When you receive the magazine in the mail is all about the post office, not the magazine publisher. When the magazine we publish gets mailed, it can take up to 3 weeks for people to get kit. Depends on where your bulk mail is handled.

#32 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'm not blaming MCM or GPB.  I am simply saying  I do not think the damage is coming from my post office.  I have no clue as to why some get theirs quicker than others, and actually, it bothers me less that it is late than that it is always damaged.

#33 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

I'm not blaming MCM or GPB.  I am simply saying  I do not think the damage is coming from my post office.  I have no clue as to why some get theirs quicker than others, and actually, it bothers me less that it is late than that it is always damaged.

Maybe the publisher is damaging your copy on purpose. I would like too see the damage that you constantly complain about, can you post pictures?

#34 allis200

allis200

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name:dave clausen

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

We used to mail our magazine in a protective cover, but I replaced many copies each issue that got damaged. Went to an envelope and have not had any more problems.

#35 KevinMoparFord

KevinMoparFord

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Wallenhorst

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

How about this?  One of our club members ahd same issue with a car magazine.  Called to complain on a regular basis.  Finally the guy said your issue must be the top one in the bundle, is the zip code where you work different than home?  He said yes, had the addressed changed to work, and the problem did go away  He did ask the magazine guy if that meant the next person who will now be on top will probably have the same issue and the guy said 'yes'.  So problem fixed for one may casue issue for another.  As I see it, the PO wants to complain that mail delivery is going down, but until they improve their own service especially with magazines I do not subscribe unless it is a SIGNIFICANT savings.  I still get Hemming Muscle because delevered it is 4 or 5 bucks cheaper than getting it off magazine shelf.  Other magazines that are almost the same price, I do not get the subscription, wait and see if I like it, then buy it off the shelf.  I like going to LHS and looking around and luckily it is less than 10 miles from the house so I just go get Model Cars about a week after I see first post saying someone got theirs, seems to be the correct wait time.

#36 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

Have you had a lot of complaints about this, Scott? I know I only visit your shop once every 2 weeks so I expect my issues to be delayed anyway. I don't really mind the delay the content is worth it. :)

#37 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Maybe the publisher is damaging your copy on purpose. I would like too see the damage that you constantly complain about, can you post pictures?

PM me your email, I'll send pics of em.

#38 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Look at the post, I said I am NOT blaming MCM OR GPB.

Plus I am NOT the only person on this forum to complain about damaged issues, even Harry says he gets them.