#1 Tyson

Tyson

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Full Name:Tyson Lambert

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

You still see a few later model 9000s running the roads in Oz, but you don't see many gems like this.  As soon as I saw him I had to get a photo-op.  Owner said he was originally a road tractor, but he was converted for home removal.  A lot of the old heritage houses here are sliced in halves and transported to places better suited for preservation purposes.  My previous house was.  Typically they strap a half to a truck and hit the accelerator.  Quickest way is easiest.

This guy had his rears replaced for the duties, and an NH-6-B tucked under his hood, which wouldn't fit properly.  A hammer, a crowbar and a couple of dirty words later and they got it in there, but, as you can see, the completed job wasn't the prettiest even when the old man was a bit younger.  I wanted to open the hood and get some more pictures of the engine, but since the owner wasn't around and the hood looked fragile as it was I didn't want to have to break any bad news to him, so I let it be.

8513486603_d9b2bcc0ba.jpg

#2 scummy

scummy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Harmer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Ha Ha , even the cummins sticker has faded . We got a tipper runnin around sydney which still runs of petrol , he does the ashfault at night too .

#3 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

It looks like somone loved it once a long time ago juging by the pinstriping (great pics BTW)

#4 scummy

scummy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Harmer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

In this time period in australia all truck wore pin stripping , it was something truckies just did . Now days not even the truck customizers do it they seem to be into these big airbrushed pictures .