Hey guys, I know that its been a while since I did an update on the progress of Project 350 but I have gotten a few more things done. First I trimmed the rear frame. The rear light panel sat back to much for me so I cut off about 1/4" of the rear frame, and it made such a big improvement. I also painted the fuel tanks, axle hubs, grill, rear fenders, and cat walk. I am going to start on the interior next, but its going to be really easy. Looking at the interior shots of the truck, Richie blacked out everything. Black gauges, bezels, seats, everything.
I did decide to use the traditional rectangle Pete headlights, I have a round set from the Revel Kenworth kit but I haven't decided what I going to do with that kit yet. Anyway here are some new pics.
shortened rear frame
the painting of some of the parts. From left to right painted with clear, next wet-sanded with 1000 grit, then 1 coat of wax, then 1 coat of polish.
pic of the grill (I did do some touch up work around the light buckets after the pic was taken)
some pics of the parts on the truck but they are not glued down. You can see the tanks in these pics. I have also started to shave the cab lights and horns as you can see in the last pic.