Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question for kit historians

I have a question for the kit historians out there. Did any company make a "29 Ford Coupe? I know they made a '29 model A roaster, roaster pick-up, closed cab pick-up and the woody wagon. Any coupes or sedans? I would guess the after market has made one but I don't know what company. Thanks for the answers. Patrick

AMT made a '28 sedan (mostly the same car as a '29), kit #2128-150, billed as a replica of Roy Stabnau's national trophy winner. It is a rare bird indeed, and came with the chassis molded with the fenders, plus opening doors, steerable front wheels, folding seats and an optional 426 (non-Hemi) Mopar engine with crossram and 2-4bbls.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Bill, to clarify things , M P C and ( Former AMT employees ) made the 1928 Ford Model A sedan for AMT in 1965. MPC was formed with former AMT personnel . The 1928 Ford sedan became the 1929 Ford Woody / Roadster Pick Up with a Stroker Mc Gurk character in 1967.

Making a 1929 Ford sedan shouldn't present a problem. Just use a Revell 1930 Model A body and mate it on a MPC set of fenders , chassis running gear .

Bill, to clarify things , M P C and ( Former AMT employees ) made the 1928 Ford Model A sedan for AMT in 1965. MPC was formed with former AMT personnel . The 1928 Ford sedan became the 1929 Ford Woody / Roadster Pick Up with a Stroker Mc Gurk character in 1967.

Making a 1929 Ford sedan shouldn't present a problem. Just use a Revell 1930 Model A body and mate it on a MPC set of fenders , chassis running gear .

Why use a '30 body to make a '29? The '28 and '29 were the same, and the '30 and '31 were the same. '28-'29 has the swoopy at the bottom of the cowl ahead of the door...

1929-ford-matte-brown-sedan-fa-sy.jpg

The '30-'31 does not...

1930fordmodelatudor050911.jpg Fenders, grille-shell, hood and cowl, doors and rear body shell are all different as well.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I have seen '28/'29 sedans made by using the Revell '31 sedan with the cowl (doors forward) of the Revell '29 pickup. The ones I've seen pictures of look good.

Entirely possible, but I got 3 very save-able '28-'29 MPC/AMT sedan gluebombs for less than $30, and I recently saw a decent unbuilt kit go for about $35