#61 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Richard .......your detail is looking great man.........looking forward to your next up-date.

#62 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hi Rich-  I had lost track of this thread, glad to see the progress.  Tough luck on the body, hope you get it back in paint soon. 

#63 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the "consoling" words everyone.  The paint is stripped and today I will fill in the dips with some bondo.  I'll do my best not to "oversand" this time.  

While the body was in the stripper I pulled out my "Nemesis" model that had given me nothing but trouble, and decided to finally "win the fight" and get it assembled.  It is a '57 Chevy model that has sat, almost completed, back in its box, for the past 6 or 7 years.  I'll get a thread going on it in Under Glass later today.

Anne, you cracked me up with your comment.

Edited by Ramfins59, 26 March 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#64 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Just a quick update note.  I stripped the paint and filled in the dips in the fenders with bondo and sanded it all smooth and level.  Now we're getting snow again..!!  Worst case, I'll have to wait for the coming weekend to repaint it as we're supposed to be getting nice 50+ degree weather... YEAY..!!  

I  SO  want to finish up this model...!!!