#81 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

A big-block Chevy and a single-plane manifold? What's not to love?

#82 Lanny Haas

Lanny Haas

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Full Name:Lanny Haas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

I iknow what would take the "Icky" off is a little mud....

#83 Davewilly

Davewilly

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Wilmore

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Looks great so far...Keep the updates coming!

#84 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

you need glasses Dave :lol:  but Thanks !! , ok here is my poor attempt at fuel lines , not fittings , just wire , el-cheapo , but my next build i'll use the good stuff and step it up a whole bunch001-86_zps6d0de9b2.jpg

#85 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Short track cars are my favorite thing in the whole world, and I think you're doing ok on this so far. I meant to comment back when you were talking about the master cylinder but never did....I just wanted to say that a lot of guys did indeed move the master cylinder to the firewall instead of leaving it chassis mounted, so if you put it on the firewall you'll be ok. I'm gathering reference to build a '34 Ford dirt track car that raced in '61, and it clearly shows the master cylinder on the firewall. Quite common back then.
Fuel lines look ok but should come out of the carb into a junction fitting or "T" of some sort, then one line to the pump.

Anyway....is this supposed to be a replica of a real car that raced way back when, or a more modern "vintage class" racer?

#86 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

this was a car my neighbor had when i was little , raced at Seekonk Speedway in the early 60's , i remember it had a 427 or it may have been  409 , but it was not a dirt track car he raced , but the fuel line , i didn't feel like buying any fittings for this build or making one , this build is not even close to being as good as i wanted it to turn out , but it is my first one :lol: , but i do remember clearly that the firewall was bare cause i remember him clearly taking the body off a lot and it took like 10 minutes and a handfull of screws , i also remember it had this mallory ignition , he flipped a switch and i remember it making several beeps and then firing up

#87 roadhawg

roadhawg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Logan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Oh, that's just awesome! It's great to keep memories alive like this, especially short track cars! And I haven't even bothered with fuel lines and such in awhile...I just leave the hood shut....so you're doing better than me!

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing it finished!

#88 Shardik

Shardik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Full Name:Johann H. Buerfeind V

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Lookin' good, Anne.  I echo the sentiments of the others who have responded to this thread in saying how impressed I am with your "chutzpah" in taking on such a detailed project for a first build.  And even more so that your succeeding with such aplomb.

By the way, tee fittings are actually fairly simple to make; a short piece of styrene rod slightly larger than your wire, a drill the same size as your wire, and three "gold tone"(brass) #00 or #1 crimp beads.  Way easier than battery terminals!

Here's a brake line fitting done this way:

IMG_1128.jpg

#89 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

thanks Johann for the comp , may i ask where i can get those brass beads ??

#90 Shardik

Shardik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Full Name:Johann H. Buerfeind V

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I believe I got them at Joann's Fabrics, but they should be available in the beading section of any Craft/Hobby store.

#91 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,952 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

You can get them at Wal Mart....

#92 rbarton

rbarton

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Full Name:rick

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Lookin' good, Anne.  I echo the sentiments of the others who have responded to this thread in saying how impressed I am with your "chutzpah" in taking on such a detailed project for a first build.  And even more so that your succeeding with such aplomb.

By the way, tee fittings are actually fairly simple to make; a short piece of styrene rod slightly larger than your wire, a drill the same size as your wire, and three "gold tone"(brass) #00 or #1 crimp beads.  Way easier than battery terminals!

Here's a brake line fitting done this way:

IMG_1128.jpg

Great build. Thanks for sharing this. 

#93 Modlbldr

Modlbldr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kendall

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Anne

I have to say that this is not my area of interest but looking at what you have done so far to a very familiar kit, I have to say that your work is excellent. Especially for a first build. You are customizing this just as much as those of us who build the Kustoms, just a different outcome. Keep at it and I'll be watching the progress.

Later-

#94 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Thanks John ,,,,,,, but i now have another problem ,,,,,, remember the line from Jaws , " i think we need a bigger boat " ,,,, well i need a bigger table :lol:

i find that it doesn't matter how big my workspace is, it always needs to be bigger :D

#95 Lanny Haas

Lanny Haas

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Full Name:Lanny Haas

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

just checking to see if any new update.

#96 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Anne.... This build is looking great. I am digging the subject you are doing. Keep up the great work.