#1 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2328eeaaa8Hi All , i have a rather silly question , i was on EBay looking for stuff and i found these 1/24 scale cars by WCPD , they have a few , but as an example they have a 62 Chevy and the detail is just totaly unreal , so i guess the question is how do they do it so perfect , even the shift knob has the shift pattern  on it ,,, and the interior detail is amazing , am i missing something here and for 150 dollars how can they do it , there is the link , i hope it was ok posting the link

Edited by CrazyGirl, 14 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#2 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Most of the details like the shift knob are tampo printed by machine. Some of the model might be hand assembled but the bulk of the work would be done by machine similar to any modern day assembly line.

#3 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

...or probably assembled by Chinese workers who get about 10 grains of rice for every one they put together. Kinda keeps labor costs down.

#4 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,973 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Diecasts like that are almost always assembled by workers in China. They are assembled "assembly line" fashion... that is, one person does one step (or more) on them all, another person does other step(s), etc.

#5 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

...or probably assembled by Chinese workers who get about 10 grains of rice for every one they put together. Kinda keeps labor costs down.

Chinese laborers now get 17.5 grains per car, causing manufacturers to explore labor markets in other countries where the more acceptable cost of 8-10 is still standard. Also, some countries not in Asia will do the work for beans.

#6 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: