#1 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

Something very interesting going back further that the Chevron toy trucks, http://blog.hemmings...ess/?refer=news

hess68-69.jpgHere's a look at what they did through the years http://hesstoytruck....er-trailer.html

Edited by Greg Myers, 15 March 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#2 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Some of these are nice trucks, closer to 1/32 scale although only few are to the same scale. My favorite one is the 1980's Training van, seemed to be closer to 1/25 scale. I have a damaged one I plan on converting back to a camper. To me the later ones seem too toyish.

#3 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

A good friend of mine owns a business manufacturing airport refueling trucks . And he collects all kinds of Oil tanker style trucks , most are Hess trucks . Pretty cool trucks for there intended market

#4 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

i have a collection of Hess and Texaco trucks,,

#5 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

The Hess Training Van next to Revells 1/25 (?) DieCast Jeep

HessMotorHome.jpg

#6 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

I have several HESS trucks. Not easy since there are No stations near me!!

#7 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

My Dad collected them for many years and for a long time he bought each of our twin sons the Hess truck for Christmas.  The boys played with their trucks so most of them are far from perfect, but they still have them, while I now have my Dad's collection- all in their original boxes, in what I would consider to be as close to new as possible.  I think he might have inserted the batteries and tried the working features; other than that, each has remained in it's box since... I don't think I'll ever get rid of them.  I would love to be able to display them all but I'll have to settle for a rotating display.

#8 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

The original Hess trucks are worth money and the later are not, pretty much the same way other collectibles went. Back in the day, nobody saved them, they were just toys for kids.  Later on, everyone thought they were funding college from the profits of the trucks they were buying!

Hess headquarters is a tall building right on Route 1 in Woodbridge, NJ. So there were a lot of their stations around my home in NJ. Hess traditionally puts the trucks on sale at their gas stations the Friday after Thanksgiving. They usually park a tractor trailer or two full of trucks behind the station.  Early that morning, there would be a line around the block to buy them.  Of course that was once I was an adult and those trucks aren't worth much since they distributed so many and so many people kept them mint in the box, hoping for future profits.

My Uncle Dan bought us the originals when they were new. I'm 54 and I remember having the early Mack tanker with the working lights. Of course long gone.  He died at 93 two years ago and I helped clean out his house. He was a car guy and a bit of a depression era hoarder so I found some interesting things in his house, especially in the basement.  And the  whole time I had my eye out for mint in the box Hess trucks!  Never found any!

#9 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Anyone looking for the Hess toy trucks. I found several in Branson mo. They are at the apple tree mall.

#10 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

you want Hess trucks,, go to   www.shopgoodwill.com   lots of them......

#11 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I found One box lot of them.

Not a bad staring price, but must bid by at least $3.oo

increments.