#1 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

OK, so I have seen multiple pictures of this car with and without the side stripe and "Hemi" lettering.  So, does anyone know if there were two versions or what the deal is?  Also, if anyone knows what kit may have the correct mirrors for this car, please let me know.  The ones in the Monogram 70 Roadrunner don't seem to be anything near what I need.  I may just go with something close.

Edited by Skydime, 19 March 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#2 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Looking at Steve Stropes Pure Vision web site shows the car rendering with the stripe, the car at SEMA without it, and then later pictures of the stripe. Seems to me it would have been added at a later date.

#3 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

I would imagine one of two things caused this.  First off, I know that Chrysler made room in their SEMA booth for this car as soon as they heard about it being built.  They may have added the stripe later on, as an afterthought...or just didn't have it 100% for SEMA.   However, I have also heard mention, on several sites, of both a 70 Roadrunner and 70 Satellite being referred to as "The Hammer".  It made me question the existance of two separate cars bearing the same name.

#4 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I googled it and it only returns pics with no sidestripe and with the hood stripe. :huh: 

#5 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Kevin, do a Google web search as well as picture search.  You will find all kinds of conflicting information on whether it has a stripe at a certain point or if there are two separate cars.  There is a modified designed car without the stripe and the original concept drawing at http://www.purevisio...cts/hammer.html shows it with the stripe.  The car did not have it at SEMA, or in Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift or Fast and Furious.  Also, www.autoblog.com shows it selling through Barrett Jackson with no stripe here http://www.autoblog....-hammer-has-fa/ .  

Edit...Well, aparently, from Barrett Jackson's website, there is only ONE Hammer and it has had a stripe on the side at one point.  http://www.barrett-j...=362&aid=343 .

I don't have decal paper or anything close to these decals so, I will be building without.  No matter because I don't really care for the graphics on the car anyway.

Edited by Skydime, 20 March 2013 - 06:01 PM.