Here I have moved the rear shock towers out against the frame rails where they should be.
Porsche 914/6 GT: Casting Begun 6/18/14
Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:59 AM
Well I took the plunge. I am attempting to add the wheel flairs. I laid out the rough opening for the flairs with a paper template and then using a jewler's coping saw I cut out the stock openings.
Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:01 AM
After cleaning up the rough opening I glued in a strip of Evergreen styrene to the desired width of the flair.
Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:05 AM
I bought an old built up from that auction site we all love to hate for a grand total of $8 including shipping! I tried chemically stripping the paint but no luck so I had to sand the paint off the fenders.
Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:09 AM
Using the sanded fenders and my paper template I cut out the stock wheel well opening and glue it to the edge of the strip styrene I created the fender extension with.
Edited by afx, 24 March 2013 - 06:08 AM.
Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:11 AM
I will be watching this closely my friend, whenever possible, bring it to the meetings!!!
Thanks Marcos. It will be nice to bring something to the meeting other than a Cobra!
Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:12 PM
Here the rear flair has been sanded & shaped and the front is still in its rough from.
Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:13 PM
And here all the flairs have been sanded & shaped. Putty work still remains to blend the flairs into the body.
Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:36 AM
Work continues on the chassis. I have ended up rebuilding the entrire rear clip. The original kit chassis is on the left with the new chassis on the right. Everything in white plastic has been scratch built. The 2nd picture is a quick mockup comparing the kit engine to Fujimi's
Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:38 AM
Here is the differnce between the kit chassis and the new chassis installed in the body.
Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:11 AM
Here I have added the tierod tunnel and the front suspension mounting points. I have mocked up a roughy painted front suspension from an old built-up for comparsion to the kit chassis.
Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:21 AM
Using card stock to create a template which I then transfered to .015 Evergreen sheet I added the rear iner fender panels.
Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:30 AM
The kit interior included a molded-in passenger seat similar that on the left. I needed to remove it to create a stripped down racing interior. After grinding it out I infilled the opening with various styrene shapes. The black seat on the right is a proper racing seat which will mount to the seat rails that have been installed.