Model Cars Magazine Forum

My New Favorite "Glass" Product

I just wanted to pass on a product that I have found to work the best for me on windows and light lenses. It is Elmer's Washable Clear School Glue. I like this glue because it tends to go on in a more consistant fashion than the white glue of old. It also seems to tack to the parts quicker...which was one of my biggest gripes with the white glue. I hate when the carpet monster eats a clear part that fell off before it dries. This product costs about $3.00 for a 5 oz bottle at Walmart.

Well, sorry about the incoherent babbling. Just thought someone might be interested in trying it. I will try to take pictures the next time I use it.

Edited by Skydime

Oh you are absolutely right about being able to peel it off! It dries ridiculously clear, doesn't give the "clouding" of the white glue, and you can peel it like a sunburn if you need.

I use empty shallow cans to pour glue from the tube/bottle into and use a toothpick to apply. I barely raked my fingernail across the surface of one that dried and it peeled right back where I pulled but, didn't volunteer to go anywhere in the places I didn't want to try to remove it.

Another great thing I forgot to emphasize strongly was that $3.00 price tag for 5 ounces. I mean heck, a container of window glue is what, $6-7 now? (I haven't bought it in years) For what you pay for one of those tiny things, you can get tons more of this.

Edited by Skydime

• 4 months later...

Just curious but what is it that you do with the glue? I mean I herd of guys using that other product, Future, just not sure for what or how to.

Future floor polish, but it's not used for adhesion, it's airbrushed over the body and even clear windows, as a clear coat, and done correctly gives exceptional clarity to the parts

The Elmers tip is a good one, I still tend to use Testors clear parts glue mostly out of habit I suppose

For glueing clear parts.

Future floor polish, but it's not used for adhesion, it's airbrushed over the body and even clear windows, as a clear coat, and done correctly gives exceptional clarity to the parts

The Elmers tip is a good one, I still tend to use Testors clear parts glue mostly out of habit I suppose

Ok, thanks guys. I figure the Future was for extra shine, i thought thats what they were doing with the elmers. I just didn't understand why they would use a different glue for windows and why not just use the clear testors/super glue? Why a whole different glue just for that? Thanks for the info, I should of cleared up my question

• 4 weeks later...

The uric acid works great for that sort of thing, so I hear.... ;-)

Oh don't even mention uric acid. I have major gout flare ups sometimes. So, bad I can't even walk for a couple days. :(

But yeah, that's a pretty good innocent laugh there. :lol:

Edited by Skydime