'65 chevy stepside pick-up revell > almost done / special paint design
Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:57 AM
Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:25 AM
now i took a break from the garage to build some cars , but i really only do one at a time and finish it completly and then take out a new kit ..
works best for me
dryfitted the engine
hated the way the valvecovers came out so i took some corvette ones with the chevy logo those where not high and by shaving some off the ones glued on the block made the nbew chrome ones on top of the old ..
the old where to glued to remove so using low covers worked pretty good
painted the chevy logo on the center of the aircleaner housing black keeping the logo copper , that was tiny
then handpainted the inner circle red , really pops and ads realism i think
good vieuw on the distributor , sadly when in the engine bay you cant see a whole lot of it anymore
Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:59 AM
then it was time to do some painstaking painting , again all done by hand with black enamel paint ..
this time did the whole engine bay black , hated the white and i think the engine will pop more in a blank background
also did the roof again in copper metallic
inside of the wheel tubs painted black
the rims came out awsome i do feel i need to do a chrome lip
close up of the roof
Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:05 AM
I really like your build! The paint job is exelent and your colors selection is really nice.
Edited by hjracing, 07 April 2013 - 01:06 AM.
Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:53 AM
well i tried bmf on the rims but that was not perfect , then some chrome paint with the handbrush , that looked more like grey ..
so i ended up doing the rims completly black leaving the outer edge copper , i really liked this look
the sticking out thing in the lip is a valve thing to add air that will be chrome later on
then again after all the werk for a second time i went for clear coat and this time it luckely came out great
Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:17 AM
took the battery and made a bracket , some wiring and a decal , was all balck at first but the whole engine bay is black ..
so that would not pop and a lot of batterys are white plastic on the side so i tried to replicate that look
a dryfit to see how the engine looked in the black engine bay , bit dark on the pic irl it looks better
rolling on 20''
the cab needed 2 more coats of clear to match the hood better
Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:54 AM
dryfit of last night with the hood and grille
and the battery , needs to go in deeper just for the pics
Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:50 AM
i got way better pics now in daylight and some updates from todays work
with a lot of patience i did the inside of the hood black and also the edge on the bottom .. the springs on the hinges will be done in chrome later on
fitted the battery
now the inside of the hood is black the vents in the front of the hood pop way more (depth)
front window rubber black
with the hood on , because the underside of the edges is painted black it now creates like a darker panelline without being able to see paint it looks black , i liked the effect myself
now some black on the inside of the cab roof is needed and glasswork , got everything dryfitted and so far it really looked good ..
not gonna show then its no supprise when i post the finished pics
oh and a real wooden floor in the bed , but thats for last
Edited by crazyrichard, 08 April 2013 - 07:52 AM.
Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:28 AM
today i painted the rear window rubbers black and painted teh visible top part inside the cab all black
made a bed floor from real wood with styrene strips in between , the idea was to make the strips chrome but i liked the matching white , also wanted to do 2 clear coat layers on the wood but now i like the contrast of the matte wood
then made a bed cover and kept in inbetween the side edges
this is why the cover is painted in copper metallic to match the roof and make the rear more one with the cab stylewise
Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:12 AM
Great job on this build Richard... you style of building/detailing is clean and neat.... good stuff...
Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:44 PM
put in the rear window and small triangle side windows this morning ( 2 days off work )
sanded the bed floor
the painted cover , going to do a design on that
placed the front window , headlight glass and fitted the whole headlight and grill assembly
Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:48 AM
well almost done , but still need to do details work
1. window wipers
3. make a exhaust system
3. small details in the bed , like toolbox or.....
4. make real nice endpics
i actually never ever taped stuff or painted a real design , the bed cover was the perfect test part
sprayed the bedcover and started assembly and soon it was sitting on its wheels
undercarridge , all the work with painting the wheel well indised underside of cab and bed payed of , the chassi now really pops
then i got a big smile , turned out my not well thought over design was actually really cool , just taped something without real thought ..
i love how it ties in everything
would be cool to get the copper ford on a trailer behind it !!
and last clear coated the bed cover
Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:04 AM
This was a very cool project to see unfold... I like the finished result... and I like your execution......Fabulous work..
Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:20 AM
Wow, sorry I'm jumping in this one a little late, but what a beautiful, classy looking truck. Great job on making it look contemporary. I would buy that truck today if I found it on a showroom floor. Great work.
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:30 AM
this one triggered something as well , def. will do more pick ups in the future .... loved this build
now i have to finish the detail work ...
the clear coat on the bed cover
placed the kits brake servo , no lines included so i bend one from brass tube and painted it chrome
window wiper partially painted chrome , the kit wipers didnt want to play ball so this wiper is from a jaguar xj 220 supercar lol