Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can I brag a little , it made my day, my weekend , my year

I bought one of the polar lights kits over the winter for myself. But when it showed up my daughter loved the pre-painted pearl white finish and she wanted it . She had never built a model before,, but had spent some time watching me. So I let her have it on the conditions she had to build it on her own.

There is no extra paint work and/or extra details. Just straight out of the box with a left over set of decals i've had for years and never used. My only contribution was helping with positioning the 2nd layer of decals (it's a fred cady decal sheet) And even at that it was limited to the 'Ramchargers' lettering only

We had planed for months to attend the local model show so she could enter it . But on the day of the show she got sick and had to stay home. So I took it and entered it on her behalf.

Needless to say it made my day when they called her name as the class winner.

And shes already on to the next one , a snap kit of the 1966 Batmobile. she picked that one out after seeing it on the shelf at Hobby Lobby. So I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.

She'll be 13 in 2 weeks

Megans-Dodge.JPG

Great story Bill ! I know from experience that it was one of your proudest moments ever !

She did a great job too , and it sounds like she'll be building a few more . Enjoy it while you can , she'll be a teenager soon and one day boys will be more important than models . But years from now you both will remember this !

Great to hear that. I can relate to your story also. I had the same thing happen when my daughter was 10. She placed in every contest she entered her 49 Ford in. The only thing I helped with was the engine wiring. She's now 25 and builds a model now and then yet.

Tell congratulations , and to keep up the good work.

Also You may want to invest in some new shelving, for all of her awards that will be forthcoming.

All myy computer at work will let me see is a red x. ut i know the feeling as my 5 yr old daughter watches me build and wants to do one herself so bad just got to her a snap kit soon to do .

Like everyone said nurture it and hope she carries it with her. Like i do with my daughter.

Michael

Guest G Holding

Well I do not like this at ALL !!! 13 freaking years old....I will stop building now, I just did that kit, and I disposed of it after MY decaling job SUCKED!!!

My best wishes to BOTH of you!! B)

Well I do not like this at ALL !!! 13 freaking years old....I will stop building now, I just did that kit, and I disposed of it after MY decaling job SUCKED!!!

My best wishes to BOTH of you!! B)

Please, dig that kit out and send it to me! :P