Model Cars Magazine Forum

Non-SS bumpers and grill

• 1 year later...

Are you talking 1/25?

At a flea market not long ago, I bought a slightly distressed diecast '70 Chevelle. It doesn't have the SS on grille or rear bumper. I believe it's a Classic Metal Works kit, on which these things were handled as decals, and whoever built it didn't apply the decals. The parts MIGHT fit the AMT kit if that's what you're building. I can check and see if they'll fit, if you're interested. If they do, maybe we can work out some kind of deal.

Don't forget you'll need a non-cowl induction hood, too. Can't help you with that.

Casey, thanks for merging the threads. I'd forgotten I'd asked this before.

Are you talking 1/25?

At a flea market not long ago, I bought a slightly distressed diecast '70 Chevelle. It doesn't have the SS on grille or rear bumper. I believe it's a Classic Metal Works kit, on which these things were handled as decals, and whoever built it didn't apply the decals. The parts MIGHT fit the AMT kit if that's what you're building. I can check and see if they'll fit, if you're interested. If they do, maybe we can work out some kind of deal.

Don't forget you'll need a non-cowl induction hood, too. Can't help you with that.

Yes, 1/25. I'd be very interested in those parts if they fit the AMT kit, Snake.

Fortunately the client has added a cowl hood.

2013-07-14_14-55-21_279_zps17f20e17.jpg

Unfortunately, I have the non-SS bumpers/grill to deal with. I'm thinking about just sanding down the rear bumper and try to rechrome with some BMF.

2013-05-04_15-35-37_975_zpsad3ec01f.jpg

2013-07-14_14-55-32_554_zps7d5d9665.jpg

Edited by Jantrix