#42 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

and Revell/Monogram says it's the "Slingster" Dragster ? must be a misprint. :rolleyes:

#43 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Maybe Revell is using the 'Slingster' name to distinguish the new kit from the vintage 'Sizzler' kit.

Edited by Rob Hall, 03 May 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#44 Mike77

Mike77

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Perhach

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

on Facebook.

Facebook, not their own website??? Why do they assume everyone's on Facebook? :unsure:

#45 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Full Name:Don Banes

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Revell can't use the Sizzler name, so they're using Slingster instead.  Mattel owns the rights to the Sizzler name. 

BTW, that '62 'vette gasser looks killer!

#46 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Facebook, not their own website??? Why do they assume everyone's on Facebook? :unsure:

A lot more people are on Facebook than not...  oddly, they haven't updated their FB page yet.

#47 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Foose based the one-off 1:1 wheels on the mags from Mickey Thompson's Challenger 1, so that might be a starting point in scale.  

Call me crazy, but I betcha he's built a few model kits in his day, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still uses them when visualizing his designs...  Like I said, Foose the guy I like.  Foose the "brand", not so much <_<    

Probably so. They do look more like the MT wheels, but what first came to mind when I saw them was the old Halibrand Smoothies that the guys would run reversed. Oh, and agreed on the guy vs. the brand thing.

W14624.jpg

http://www.jalopyjou...5&postcount=104

#48 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Looks like they finally got their announcement on FB, just a YouTube video link..

Edited by Rob Hall, 03 May 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#49 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

Can anybody comment more about the ’53 Chevy Sedan Delivery? Assuming this is a re-issue of the 53/54, so just a gasser, no stock parts?

#50 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hmmmm. The sketch of the Foose '69 Camaro is shown at the :42 mark, but it's hard to make out the wheel diameter. They don't look to be any larger than 17" or 18", and the only other new thing (besides the tires?) is a set of customized skunk stripes.

The D&M Vette Gasser looks to be using the '41 Willys' tires, with new American Torq Thrust wheels, in big 'n' little sizes. I see some variations/compromises(?) from the real car, but I like the built up better that what I see on the real car. The hardtop doesn't look like it fits all that well, though. Guess we'll wait and see what it looks like when the kit arrives.

'50 Olds will get the CA Wheels treatment, but they're not yet shown.

'37 Ford Coupe looks like a straight reissue of the last, Goodguys version but with a "choice of wheels" and new flame decals. Please let the second choice be the Cragar S/S wheels from the original issue of the Coupe kit!

The Rat Fink and diorama is kinda cool. The diorama and sign look to be all new.

#51 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

I keep my expectations realistic. Focus on the good stuff we are going to get, rather than being disappointed at what we were hoping for. The '62 Vette gasser looks great!

#52 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

I keep my expectations realistic. Focus on the good stuff we are going to get, rather than being disappointed at what we were hoping for. The '62 Vette gasser looks great!

They're saving all the really good stuff for iHobby (and there will be some good stuff) whistling2.gif

And call it blasphemy, but the D&M '62 gasser looks better than the Mazmainian '61 (ever see the hack job on the wheel wells of that thing :D  :lol:  :P )

Edited by Brett Barrow, 03 May 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#53 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

They're saving al the really good stuff for iHobby (and there will be some good stuff) whistling2.gif

Yeah, I would think the 1st half 2014 release announcement would have some new tools.

Of the 2nd half 2013 releases, the Shelby convertible is the most interesting to me.

#54 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,167 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Looks like they finally got their announcement on FB, just a YouTube video link..

WOW!

#55 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Ok, so how'd I do?   (From the What's Revell have up their sleeves thread)

At least one Corvette reissue (I'm leaning towards the 58/59)  THATS A BINGO!

At least two Foose editions (is the Foose 64 Impala "official" yet?) 1/2 credit, but it is a big 'un... 

One station wagon (either a reissue or possible modified new tooling - I'd like to see something on the 57 Ford - a Ranch Wagon would be my personal favorite, but a Country Squire would please a few folks, too. On the tri-five front, I'd flip for a 57 Chevy Handyman or 55 and 57 Nomads)  Does the 53 chevy panel count?

One modified variant of a 60's muscle car. THATS A BINGO!

One modified variant of a current muscle car. WRONG!!!

At least one Tom Daniel kit. THATS A BINGO!

At least one show car. (I'm leaning Lil' Coffin or Lil' T/Boomer Bucket/Street T) THATS A BINGO!

A possible totally 100% new-tool kit (but new tool announcements are more likely to happen at iHobby) I'll take 1/2 credit for the "Slingster", even though it was totally under my radar!

At least one drag racer reissued, possibly with a decal scheme they've never offered before. THATS A BINGO!

One older truck reissue (I'm leaning 64 Chevy Fleetside) WRONG!!!

Another 70's van, these are hot right now. WRONG!!!

At least one tri-five Chevy (is the 57 'vert "official" yet?) WRONG!!!

Revell-Germany's new-tool VW Beetle in a Revell US box. (The new-tool Mini Cooper in US box is "official", right?)THATS A BINGO! (To be fair I already knew about that one)

I'd like to see a 50 Olds Club Sedan (fastback). WRONG!!! But we are getting a custom version, so 1/2 credit

I'd like to see the F-Code 57 Ford Custom NASCAR special (I know it will happen, just not sure when)THATS A BINGO!

I'd like to see another issue of the Big Deuce WRONG!!!

-edit- a convertible version of something currently available as a hardtop THATS A BINGO!

a hardtop version of something currently available as a convertible (I know, some of these are no-brainers!)  Does the hardtop in the 62 Vette count?

So what's that, about .500?  Not too shabby...

Edited by Brett Barrow, 03 May 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#56 Mark

Mark

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

A lot more people are on Facebook than not...  oddly, they haven't updated their FB page yet.

Of the people in the demographic Revell caters to, I'd put my money on more of them NOT being on Facebook.  I'd also take the bet that most will never be there.  They'd be foolish to think that their entire customer base will ever go on board with that fad... 

#57 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Of the people in the demographic Revell caters to, I'd put my money on more of them NOT being on Facebook.  I'd also take the bet that most will never be there.  They'd be foolish to think that their entire customer base will ever go on board with that fad...

That is a good point, most of the guys on here that are Revells target buyers do not use FaceBook

#58 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

That is a good point, most of the guys on here that are Revells target buyers do not use FaceBook

social media isn't going any where... it is here to stay. Sorry fellas. But if you come here those that use it will update as has been done in this thread

#59 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

social media isn't going any where... it is here to stay. Sorry fellas. But if you come here those that use it will update as has been done in this thread

I never said it was fad :lol: , I have two FaceBooks pages, one personal, one business, same for Twitter, although, I dont spend time using Twitter other then follow whats going on the NASCAR world and get news before anyone else.

#60 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I never said it was fad :lol: , I have two FaceBooks pages, one personal, one business, same for Twitter, although, I dont spend time using Twitter other then follow whats going on the NASCAR world and get news before anyone else.

Yes, Revell is going to use social media to advertise to a broad consumer base... they don't need to worry about the grumpy old curmudgeons that don't use FB and just complain about the modern world.