#1 orkybrown

orkybrown

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Full Name:Howard Brown

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

My first car (and the next 6) was a "55" Ford and I would like to build in scale.  Suggestions as to how to do would be appreciated.

#2 heepey

heepey

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Pleier

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

AMT '56 Fairlane could be made into a 55 with a change to the grill and side trim. Possibly Modelhaus has a grill done already and a sedan body.

#3 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hendrix Mfg sells '55 Ford Bodies . See/contact Steve Kohler  , he is among the best . I do have some and am happy with Hendrix Resins . The trunk lids had a different trim .

The rear bumper routed the exhaust through it for the costlier models in '55  . I think it was dropped in 1956 ? The '55 has a "peak - a- boo" Speedo and round gauges/ Radio / controls . The '56 not so . Different hood emblems and all trim on the bodies are not the same . . happy hinting with this conversion . It is not out of reach to pull off .   Thanx ..  

Hendrix Mfg sells '55 Ford Bodies . See/contact Steve Kohler  , he is among the best . I do have some and am happy with Hendrix Resins . The trunk lids had a different trim .

The rear bumper routed the exhaust through it for the costlier models in '55  . I think it was dropped in 1956 ? The '55 has a "peak - a- boo" Speedo and round gauges/ Radio / controls . The '56 not so . Different hood emblems and all trim on the bodies are not the same . . happy hinting with this conversion . It is not out of reach to pull off .   Thanx ..  

#4 ratrodder51

ratrodder51

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:woody brzen

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Have '55 grille if you want covert a '56.....Woody