#21 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Thank you very much for comments, i appreciate it!

I know about the history of the Futura, also about the color and some little details missing at the model (numberplate, exhaust). My point was, that i won't like kind of white on it, because the (in my view) beautiful design will not working properly. Second point was to find a metallic / pearl color, that would have fine metallicparts, wich are in scale for the model.

Kevin, i really thought about the scrapped red Futura to build. But my girlfriend loves this car (her choice out of the shelf to build as next) and she has forbidden me to do it, so  we have chosen this color. If a catch another kit of it, i will do it.

That's all your choice my friend. I only took a moment to point out the color for those who may not have known. Because of the display carousel the car traveled with and the way it's seafoam green color reflected off the car, most folks just assume it was a green car. By the way, yes the license plate is missing, but the exhaust is right there in the bumper. Not a lot of folks know but those blacked out ports in the rear bumper are the exhaust. (WHAT were they thinkin right?) Most excellent job on the Alclad too by the way.

Edited by MAGNUM4342, 17 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#22 DR Dubois

DR Dubois

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

Nice build! I recently read an article about this car. Said there were only 2 made. One turned into the bat mobile and the other...?

#23 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Nice build! I recently read an article about this car. Said there were only 2 made. One turned into the bat mobile and the other...?

More misinformation. (sigh) There was ONE Futura built. No more. A few years ago a man by the name of Bob Butts bought a mold from George Barris of the Batmobile. He used a fiberglass body from that to make a replica Futura.

Anyone who has any questions about the true history of the car feel free to p.m. me. My friend Jacen researched this car for over thirty years and by extension so did I.

#24 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,938 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Very sharp build Dominik, Awsume work..

#25 doggie427

doggie427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Location:currently 10th dimension;considering a move to the 13th
  • Full Name:wayne sauchuk

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Beautiful build on the Lincoln!  Very clean & very well done.  Best build of this kit I have ever seen.  Now I would like to build one!

X2

#26 bondo bill

bondo bill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
  • Full Name:bill ingreham

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

very well done

#27 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

I just can't help coming back over and over. Another detail I find particularly stunning are the white walls! Beautiful job on those. May I ask how you did them?

#28 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Das sieht Super aus! Ich möchte dass Lincoln auch kaufen. ;)

Really nice work, the paint and finish are looking excellent. Nice job on a kit I'd like to buy and build also, this Concept has always looked very good on my eyes.

#29 customsrus

customsrus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Full Name:John Smiley

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

looks good to me. These multi piece bodies are always hard to work with, but you pulled it off..

#30 Joker

Joker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Full Name:James Scott

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Stunner build Dominik.

Perfect stance.

#31 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Lewis Mason

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

That is one wild car, made back when they knew how to design cars. Beautiful build man, it's a stunner. B)

#32 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

I just can't help coming back over and over. Another detail I find particularly stunning are the white walls! Beautiful job on those. May I ask how you did them?

In my kit, the tires are two-piece white plastic. If that's what's on this build, it's a terrific job.

#33 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

In my kit, the tires are two-piece white plastic. If that's what's on this build, it's a terrific job.

That's kinda why I asked. The only ones I've had have been the ugly pea green ones in the retro longbox. I haven't had one of the recent re-issues in the clamshell/donut box. (I bought a case of them back when they were first re-issued)

#34 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Dominick, I don't know if this would be of interest to you or not . A quarter sized Fiberglass model , constructed by a close friend of mine, Marty Martino is in a Meusuiem in Waynesborough Virginia . Marty and I spoke years ago of him doing a "Running - driving " Clone of this car . Marty was the same fellow who did the clone of the Pontiac Club de Mer  and recently was featured in the June 2013 edition of Collectable Automobile for his work on the L' Salle roadster for Joe Bortz.

Marty told me a while back at our local Saturday night cruise in that he is definitely going ahead with plans to do the car . He's starting with the chassis from a 1956 Lincoln

#35 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

That's kinda why I asked. The only ones I've had have been the ugly pea green ones in the retro longbox. I haven't had one of the recent re-issues in the clamshell/donut box. (I bought a case of them back when they were first re-issued)

Thats the one I have, I may go with some aftermkt tires instead of the plastic ones

#36 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Normally that would be my move too, but the tires in this kit do go well with it. Especially detailed as well as Dominick did his.

#37 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

What's up with the donut/clamshell box? My kit (copyright 2003) has the typical, separate, full top & bottom.

#38 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

What's up with the donut/clamshell box? My kit (copyright 2003) has the typical, separate, full top & bottom.

That's just me making an assumption based on the length of time Revellogram has been using them. From what I understand they do have a significant number of kits still in standard packaging.

#39 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

That's just me making an assumption based on the length of time Revellogram has been using them. From what I understand they do have a significant number of kits still in standard packaging.

Mine's under the Monogram label, not Revell or Revellogram, so that may explain the difference.

#40 Dominik

Dominik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Full Name:Dominik Weitzer

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thank you very much for comments and - for sure - the hole infos Kevin and Ed! Interesting stuff! If i will built another (just try to catch one...), you will get a p.m. for some details.

Kevin, i have been properly understood your post concerning the color. If my answer sounds "saucy" - was not my intention!

The tires were those "two-peace-green-plastic" out of the kit.

I glued them, sanded the tread plane. Then I painted them flat black out of a spraycan late at the evening (about 9-10 p.m.). Thats a side effect of the spraycan: when the air is cold and some humidity, it has a nice semigloss effect.

CIMG130430_025.jpg

Next i took a circle template with the right diameter...

CIMG130430_026.jpg

...and brushed them in more steps white:

CIMG130430_029.jpg

Here the result:

CIMG130430_030.jpg

"Simple" and effective work, less the 15 minutes ;)

Thanks for your comments again buddies! Motivates me to buils the Pontiac Club de mer - and perhaps other concept cars, if i get it.

Thanks!