Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell- TV Tommy Ivo "Showboat" Four-Engine Dragster (Completed 12/29)

I love reading build threads whether it be about real car builds or models but I never make build threads. I did a search on here for this car and didn't see much so I thought I would share my build. Just started last night when I couldn't sleep and two on going builds weren't enough haha.

I love anything vintage drag racing and this car is just outlandish. Should be a nice addition.

This is the Revell re-issue Tommy Ivo Four Engine "Showboat" Dragster. The kit is circa '95. I haven't seen a kit that needed so much clean up before. Casting flash everywhere but easy enough to take care of.

In the middle of the night I got all four shortblocks assembled. Intake manifolds painted and started painting the engines today. Will get more pics of my progress as I go.

Thanks for reading.

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02009.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

DSC02007-Copy.jpg

Edited by Terminator-Fox

Any and all info would be awesome guys! When I was building the short blocks I got overzealous, the oil pans were barely hanging on the sprue so I just took them all off and installed on the engines. Well I didn't pay attention at first and they are all different numbers and they need to be installed on a certain engine for each bank :o thought I was screwed so I sent Bill (gtx6970) a PM asking if he had the kit and could reference the pans for me and he did. I can't thank him enough. Thanks Bill!!

I really wish all models came molded in white. Would make painting so much easier. Orange always seems like a pain for coverage and getting this lighter orange to cover the darker molded orange is taking quite a few coats but I'll get it done soon enough haha.

I'm working on a 93 Mustang Cobra too at the moment. I have model ADD it seems :unsure:

DSC02013.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've got everything painted now except for the body panels. Will be doing that tomorrow. It's nice they include jigs to assemble the headers. All eight are built as well. Here's some not so great progress pics. The engines do look killer though. Did I mention how crappy the instructions are? They just have exploded views and do not specify where a lot of parts go exactly. I guess I'll figure it out I hope.

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02064.jpg

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02065.jpg

DSC02067.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

Got the engines coupled together. I'd love to wire them but I don't think that's in my realm of model building at the moment. I did just get back into it. Headers are all built, wheels and tires are assembled. I sanded the tires for a more "used" look. I've started painting the body panels today "Competition Orange"

Thanks for the comments.

DSC02068.jpg

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02070.jpg

DSC02071.jpg