#1 howsthat1959

howsthat1959

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Full Name:John Face

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Any idea where the a/c compressor would hang on a V800?

Attached Files

• Attached File  v800.jpg   162.22KB   0 downloads

#2 dad vader

dad vader

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Full Name:richard

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Sorry I cant help, I worked for an International Dealer for 15 years. From 1990 to 2005.... I never saw a 4300 with a V800.

#3 howsthat1959

howsthat1959

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Sorry I cant help, I worked for an International Dealer for 15 years. From 1990 to 2005.... I never saw a 4300 with a V800.

I guess I'll just put it in a logical location.

#4 olsbooks

olsbooks

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Full Name:jesse corbett

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Not an IH engine guru, but studying the engine, I would SPECULATE is was mounted on the upper right side below the alternator.  Reason being there is a bracket in place for a smaller accessory.  Granted that may all be for an air compressor but that does not seem to be enough space for one.  Famous last words though. Now how all this changed if there was hydraulic power steering AND air cond AND an air compressor is another story. 

Perhaps Richard or someone can correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall IH typically used "Ford" AC compressors during this time frame. I am quite confident of that at least on older S Series with DT466 and smaller IH diesels.

Good luck!

Edited by olsbooks, 18 January 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#5 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

I just looked at an old magazine article with a 4300 V800.There is 2 pictures ,one of the top front and the other of the whole right side.No signs of the A/C.I'm guessing it would of been on the drivers side,around frame level

#6 howsthat1959

howsthat1959

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

Not an IH engine guru, but studying the engine, I would SPECULATE is was mounted on the upper right side below the alternator.  Reason being there is a bracket in place for a smaller accessory.  Granted that may all be for an air compressor but that does not seem to be enough space for one.  Famous last words though. Now how all this changed if there was hydraulic power steering AND air cond AND an air compressor is another story. 

Perhaps Richard or someone can correct me if I am wrong but I seem to recall IH typically used "Ford" AC compressors during this time frame. I am quite confident of that at least on older S Series with DT466 and smaller IH diesels.

Good luck!

It makes sense that the location you suggest would work. The air compressor is already mounted (upper driver's side) and the power steering goes behind the rounded "nub" on the lower driver's side.

#7 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

I just looked at an old magazine article with a 4300 V800.There is 2 pictures ,one of the top front and the other of the whole right side.No signs of the A/C.I'm guessing it would of been on the drivers side,around frame level

now that I looked harder it could be behind the splash guard in the picture.

It makes sense that the location you suggest would work. The air compressor is already mounted (upper driver's side) and the power steering goes behind the rounded "nub" on the lower driver's side.

scan0005-8.jpg

scan0006-7.jpg

Edited by mistermodel, 20 January 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#8 howsthat1959

howsthat1959

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

now that I looked harder it could be behind the splash guard in the picture.

scan0005-8.jpg

scan0006-7.jpg

I think you are correct, since it's clearly not next to the alternator.

Thanks.