#21 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

I'm afraid it's probably not Altered States. I don't see a GBP body on their site.

Well there is a G-B-P model in the gallery on the site. Maybe he made it at one time and GMP put the stop to that.The Body and injector scoop is identical to my GMP diecast. except the GMP model has a little bump on the right side below the motor. I sent a e-mail find out.I got mine off ebay a couple months ago,and I thought for sure it came in a bag with an Altered States hang tag.

#22 Mike Kucaba

Mike Kucaba

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Full Name:Michael J Kucaba

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

UPDATE! Reply from Altered States. Got a reply from AS this morn and he states he does make an G-B-P body.My guess is you have to put that in the order form. Check magazines for reference as to the little bumps in the body(under the motor) on the GMP diecast.This is a relatively short wheelbased car so the Garlits Wynns Charger should be a good donor.

#23 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

UPDATE! Reply from Altered States. Got a reply from AS this morn and he states he does make an G-B-P body ...This is a relatively short wheelbased car so the Garlits Wynns Charger should be a good donor.

That's good news!Posted Image Posted Image

Re: the chassis, the Garlits chassis has a fairly unique roll bar shape (a shallower angle), different than the 3-point on the G-B-P's Rod Stuckey/Kent Fuller design. Maybe AS's own 186 chassis, shortened, would be a good donor. Certainly worth asking since the gallery shows a completed car and he would probably know. Other sources to consider for a more appropriate shape might include the Revell Tony Nancy Double Dragster kit (IIRC the 22 Jr. Comp. Roadster is a Kent Fuller chassis) or possibly the Ramchargers or Tommy Ivo kits. Regardless, all of them would require extensive shortening/lengthening and reworking. From the awesome Straightline Modeler site here are great references on the West Coast style frames: http://www.straightl...r.org/rice.html and the Wynn's Jammer frame: http://www.straightl...its/garsr6.html

#24 ScaleSpeedShop

ScaleSpeedShop

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Heine

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

Does anyone currently cast a 1932 Ford Roadster pickup?

#25 RANDY L

RANDY L

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

hi
I picked one up at Altered States models.He has a web site ,but i am not sure what is is.
Randy Ludi

#26 Dan Helferich

Dan Helferich

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Here's the link. http://www.alteredstatesmodels.com/ I don't see it on the web sight but I know he does some parts that aren't listed,

#27 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,356 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:18 AM

Wow, some nice stuff there.

#28 Fortheloveofgassers

Fortheloveofgassers

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Minas

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hello, I am looking for a chopped Austin A 40 body. Altered States shows one their web site. I am contacting them to see if it is still available.

Does any one else know of one available?

Thanks in advance

#29 RAT-T

RAT-T

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Full Name:Tom King

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

IF IT'S ON HIS SITE, IT'S MOST LIKELY AVAILABLE. CHUCKS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH

#30 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

I have one of his first casts of this kit. VERY NICE.

As far as Chuck being a good guy to deal with, unless something has changed in the recent past, Chuck is a SUPER guy to deal with.

#31 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Would I ever love to have those `34 coupe bodies!

Altered States Models appears to offer something very similar: http://www.alteredst.../salt_flats.htm

FordCoupe.jpg

#32 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Altered States Models appears to offer something very similar: http://www.alteredst.../salt_flats.htm

Are they still in business see there website up but don`t hear to much about them.

#33 ronr

ronr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Full Name:Ron "Pops" Royston

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Altered States is still in business. Have a Salt Flats Coupe and radster coming my way. Had a lot of contact with Chuck during this buy and we are going to try and hook up at Atlanta this year. Seems like good guy.

#34 ronr

ronr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Full Name:Ron "Pops" Royston

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Just recieved my Body`s from Altered States......Fantastic!!!!!!!!

#35 boss 302 mustang

boss 302 mustang

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Full Name:A Federoff

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have three of his shorty FED bodies and they are very nice.  Haven't used them yet though.

#36 Old_rodder

Old_rodder

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Bachmann

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I haven't read anything current on Altered States Resin and was wondering how they are to deal with and are their products a good quality. 

Do they ship or is there issues

It looks like so many bad suppliers are online that it can be scary

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks

Gerry 

#37 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,450 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

I haven't bought from Altered States for awhile, but I don't recall ever having problems the times I did order from them. Good stuff too!

#38 ApexSpeed

ApexSpeed

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Carter

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Chuck is fantastic to work with on all levels. The pieces I have gotten from him are excellent and arrive in short order. I already have a long list of more things I want from him for upcoming projects. I get things from Altered States faster than most other places I have ordered resin parts from.

He also goes by "olmandowntheroad" on eBay, too, so you can see his perfect feedback there if you need more support.

No worries, order away.

#39 Pro Tech

Pro Tech

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Chuck is always a pleasure to talk/do business with. Hey Chuck, we need some resin castings of the seat that comes with the "Young American" to replace the vinyl seat that you can't do much with.

Charlie

Pro Tech

#40 Bernard Kron

Bernard Kron

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • Full Name:Bernard Kron

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Chuck Meier at Altered States Models has been coming up with some new items lately. Chuck has not been able to update his web site so he has been relying on his e-Bay outlet to show them. I just bought a louvered 27T roadster body from him on eBay. He also now offers a blank tonneau cover for the 27T which isn't shown anywhere. I had asked him for something like that so I could cut my own openings. Up to now he had only offered a L'il Billy/Gratiot Auto Supply salts flats style roll cage shroud for the 27T. Here's a link to his eBay stuff: http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2562 His eBay handle is olmandowntheroad . His regular website, which has lots of cool stuff, too is here: http://www.alteredstatesmodels.com/ Chuck says he's working on getting someone to overhaul his site to add his new eBay stuff, which includes quite a few non-racing parts. Here are a few items that would be of interest here:

1/25 Louvered '27 Ford Roadster
$_12.JPG

Slingster Resin Truckbed T Comp Dragster Body

$_12.JPG

"The Surfers" FED Body 1/25
$_12.JPG

1/24 Louvered '30 Ford Roadster
$_12.JPG

Burkholder Bros. "T" Touring AA/FA 1/25
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

1/25 Louvered '29 Ford Roadster