#22 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

I kit bashed the heck out one of these pretty recently. All in all I was very impressed with everything I used.

#23 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

I picked one up with coupon at Hobby Lobby a while back-it was marked "Clearance" too,so I wound up under $10 for it. I have one o the original stock releases as well NIB (still shrink wrapped no less) that was gifted to me after the house fire last Summer...IF I can ever get arund to it,it'd be killer to buil em together,I enjoyed building a resto-mod version (complete with '67 Musatng front subframe and drivetrain,slammed stance,stock look otherwise) back when it was first released as a new kit :)

#24 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:Lane Allen

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Casey I have built this kit twice and it has different tires for the steel wheels then the custom. The steel wheel tires have white wall inserts and dog dish hubs one that covers all the wheel and one hat covers the lugs.

#25 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

the custom caps work great on the 36 ford coupe too

#26 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone used the Model Car Garage P/E set for this kit?

#27 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Also, if one does decide to build this truck "factory stock", be sure to carefully sand away the wood grain between the skid strips, as on the real trucks, from the factory, there wasn't any exposed wood.

Ford, in their pickup beds 1928-52, used a sheet metal floor OVER the oak planking, having "skid strips" stamped into that--with one inch drain holes at each front corner of the bed floor. Since very few restorers either know, or care about this detail, most of these trucks get restored with piano-finished wood planking.

Biscuitbuilder

This was true for a wide bed in 1930 but the others in 1930 were just painted black over the wood not a steel floor .Ford did not stain and clear the wood for the beds.