11 replies to this topic

#1 dieseldoc

dieseldoc

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

Got bored waiting for the paint to dry on my fire truck, it take a few days for it to dry in the basement because it so cool down there.
But anyways here are pics of my service truck that I have been working on, on and off for about 2 years. This truck will be for servicing semi's that have broken down on the road.
I am using Italeri's Lone Wolf kit for the base less the kit sleeper roof, sourced a flat one from the parts box. The frame has one serious stretch to it. the kit engine was replaced with a CFC Cummins 525hp N14. The front wheels are turned aluminum from Bill Drennan (no longer made). The rear wheels are from the Wild cat western star. Every thing behind the sleeper has been scratch built, the tool box doors are hinged and open, the crane is modeled after an IMT 5020.
Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

Mark
This is gonna be a beast of a hook!

Tim

#3 dieseldoc

dieseldoc

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:33 PM

I made some progress on this tonight. I have the 1st of at least 5 hose reels almost built. On this one all I have to do is build the hose guide. I also built the drip pan that these will sit in when mounted to the truck. I have included another pic from the rear of the truck show where these will be mounted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 FIREMODELMAN

FIREMODELMAN

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Full Name:David Parsley

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:29 AM

thats a very impressive truck mark, not to mention your great scratchbuilding skill's.. are you planning on painting the rear body a solid color like the cab, or a two tone??? anyway, GREAT WORK.

#5 modeltruckmafia

modeltruckmafia

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Now that is seriously impressive

#6 dieseldoc

dieseldoc

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

The current plan (subject to change) is to paint it to mach the cab. My intentions are that the yellow/gold stripe and the decals will be enough to make it look good with out looking gawdy.

#7 Southgate

Southgate

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:35 AM

I agree that this is seriously impressive. Very seriously impressive already, and I know it's only going to get more so. I'm watching! Dan

#8 dieseldoc

dieseldoc

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:57 PM

Progress update.
The cab and sleeper have been painted, polished and decaled. some of the decals were made on my computer, the door logo's were made by another modeler on his alps printer, the permits are from my parts bin and the fuel tank lettering are dry transfers.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I decided that the kit supplied stacks were to small so I made some scale 8" stacks from stainless steel tube. I scratch built the stack brackets from brass square tube and round tube. They were soldered togther with plumbing solder used on coper pipe.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mark

#9 Guest_tonyboy_*

Guest_tonyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:59 PM

Mark,
The stack bracket detail is outrageous! I personally have always hated the kit supplied stacks but you fixed that problem :D

#10 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:24 PM

Excellent progress.

Tim

#11 dieseldoc

dieseldoc

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

More progress has been made. The service body is painted and more computer generated decals have been applied. Now it will be back to the paint booth for the clear coat. Can't wait till that is applied and dry, I'm looking forward to detailing out the service body.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Wildrice

Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

Truly awesome build. Great stuff.