33 replies to this topic

#21 Mark C.

Mark C.

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:10 AM

Wow! :shock: There's some great stuff there that's begging to be completed!

Thanks to everybody for posting their incompleted projects... now I don't have to feel so guilty from having unfinished stuff sitting in boxes while I contemplate starting new projects! 8)

#22 Mr. Metallic

Mr. Metallic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

Posted Image

I've been thinking about doing that same kitbash for a loooong time. How has it gone so far? Any caveats or tips?

#23 Wildrice

Wildrice

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • Full Name:Bobby Boggs
    Proud Member of NWVMM Club

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hey Mad Slammer. I saw a Mystery Stretch like that at a show last year. Had a working alarm and disco lights inside. I will try to find a pic of it.

#24 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Full Name:Billy

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

I would post in this thread...but then the board would explode. I have about 150 stalled projects. More then half are NASCARs....No so much stalled though as just moving on to another project....

OK, I guess I will post some of the ones I think the board will find the most interesting.

This one is probably the most interesting. It started out as one of Revell/Monogram's awesome 48 Ford Woodys, and then it met Mr. Razor Saw. The plan is to shoehorn an AMT NASCAR engine into it. I also want to replace the wood panels with real wood. I have not touched it for over a year.
Posted Image

This 64 Impala was on track to be my best model ever. Then, while clearcoating it, I dropped it in the snow, ruining it. Acid Snow (gotta love New York :roll: ) and Tamiya clear don't mix. So it's pretty dead. Then I bought a MCW 64 Biscayne, found out I needed to supply the hood and taillight panel. Didn't have one, so it sat, and the Biscayne got crushed in my basement. D'oh. It's almost a comedy of errors, if it was funny.
Posted Image

This one came to a grinding halt when I discovered, either by shoddy kit making, or shoddy building (probably the latter) I needed to section the dashboard to fit.
Posted Image

Project Gold Rush came to a halt when it got to the point where I wanted to go MC Hammer on it.
Not a great picture, but, it's good enough. I did prime it (twice) but neither time worked. I HATE primer.
Posted Image

My 40 Ford Sedan Delivery has been stalled since 2001. It was my first successfull door opening. I stupidly brush painted it black, and that's pretty much what killed it. I also bought some hinges from MicroMark but lost them which kind of hurt the project. I found them though, in the bottom of one of my parts boxes, last month! So I may get back too it. The door will be reverse hinged, a Suicide door.
Posted Image

#25 crispy

crispy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

Billy you have to finish that Torino! I remember those colors on not only that car but the SCCA cars too.
Looks great. Section that dash and get to it!!

Chris

#26 Paul Payne

Paul Payne

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

let's all go to the NNL East or a similar event and overflow the primer projects table....... if life gets in the way of building and completing models, re-arrange your life! :D

#27 Paul Payne

Paul Payne

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

Well, here it is- a project stalled for nearly 20 years! A Renwal 1966 Duesenberg revival with everything opening, a real (Monogram) Duesenberg engine, flip up rear cowl, windshields from the IMC 46 Ford, and way too many parts gathered together to ever make a decision about! I won't post a pic, but enjoy what you find at the end of the link! :D

http://s60.photobuck...e/duesy-project

#28 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

Wow I don't feel so bad some of you have as many "in progress" projects as I do. I probably have 20 or so "car" models in various states of completion and another 20 or so military models. I have the attention span of a gerbil when it comes to models.

Here are a few of the fire apparatus builds I have going, I probably have tripled this since I took the photo and none of these are done although I did recently get going again on the 55 chevy and with any luck I will get it done soon.

Posted Image

#29 Steve H.

Steve H.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Steve

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

See my previous post...
http://www.modelcars...topic.php?t=662
These were just the ones that I'd like to finish!

#30 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

You know Chris, out of the 125+ NASCARs I have started, that one is the one I get the most "Finish it" posts for?? And it's one of my worst works, too! I will, someday, when I am brave enough to tackle sectioning the dash. I've never sectioned anything before...

#31 crispy

crispy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

You know Chris, out of the 125+ NASCARs I have started, that one is the one I get the most "Finish it" posts for?? And it's one of my worst works, too! I will, someday, when I am brave enough to tackle sectioning the dash. I've never sectioned anything before...

Let me tell you something Billy. It really jogged my memory as a kid, sitting down with my Dad (he died in 83) and watching races with that car running around the track.
The paint scheme of all things is what did it. You jogged a good memory my friend, a good one. Thanks.
And, Finish it!
Chris

#32 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:00 PM

Aw geez man, now I have to finish it! When I find it...It's in the basement somewhere.

#33 MikeBoyle

MikeBoyle

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Boyle

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:03 AM

The ones I have pics of!

Posted Image
AMT 53 F-100

Posted Image
AMT 36 3-Window

Posted Image
Revell 48 Woody

#34 FuelishSpectator

FuelishSpectator

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Full Name:John Hilkert AKA:Fuelish

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:58 AM

This model is more than... I thought... I can handle. Just alone the body has 100+ hours into it. I mean that just in the roof area. I applied body filler and ran it too hot and melted the roof. (Not once but twice).. As for the rest it should be a piece of cake.... This was started over 2 years ago and last touch by hands approx: 3 months ago...
Fuelish Spectator
Posted Image